PDA

View Full Version : limiting straps

Broncoo
07-29-2005, 09:04 PM
what do you use all i can think of right now is chain, steel cord and woven webbing

btw this is to prevent my driveshaft from binding witch it will do at full droop

what good is it if you can never think of what to put here

Magna
07-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Not that I really know....but....
I wouldn't use chain...extra weight, constant noise and rattling, and it seems likely to catch more branches and crap.
I would think cable would be quieter, lighter, and not snag shit.
Finally, I would think strong web would be best. Lightest, quietest, and maybe even reduce the shock-load during a sudden full-droop. Chain and cable would be a really sudden stop in a fast full droop and web might absorb some of the shock. Although, how often does a guy encounter a fast full droop situation?

Just throwing thoughts out of the top of my head.....I'm probably full of shit :))

'86 S10 Blazer
2.8 with stuff done

God loves you.....................Everyone else thinks you're a prick.

boyzen
07-29-2005, 11:23 PM
did you see mine ? they work great they are web and I get em at PA.

Sex is like a drug! It makes me feel funny!

Jroc
07-30-2005, 07:26 AM
use seat belts!!! they shold be able to hold the weight , and you probably have some layin around!

So officer..do you have any naked pictures of your wife?

Do you want to buy some?

(insert pic of cop stomping on head)

Squishy
07-30-2005, 11:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jroc

use seat belts!!! they shold be able to hold the weight , and you probably have some layin around!

So officer..do you have any naked pictures of your wife?

Do you want to buy some?

(insert pic of cop stomping on head)

exactly what i would(or may) do, with the buckles and all, so you can adjust them, or pull them off completely(just the lap bely from a rear seat)

Got Wallet?

Broncoo
07-30-2005, 11:13 AM
i'll go check pa and see what they got

what good is it if you can never think of what to put here

sj-x 500
07-30-2005, 05:00 PM
use seat belts, wrap em around 2-3 times

Zuk's on Ice.