PDA

View Full Version : First trip with my F-150 Almost!

dickrick
07-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Well with the u-joint fixed I thought I would do some light wheeling. NOPE the truck seems to be alergic to the outdoors! It all started when I started off un a little hill and stalled the truck. Then I decided to let it roll backwards to push start it. It started ok but ran like shit So I drove it for a while and my tach was way off and just about every light was on! I drove to a main road where I could get a jump start and It wouldn't take a jump acting like the bat was dead. This had happened to me once before and after letting the truck sit for 5-10 min it started fine! And it did again so we decide to try again it drives great!! untill it just died while revving at about 2500 rpm. So we decide to stop and have lunch then turn the truck around by pushing it. Then coast it down hill untill I try "push started " it again. All the way down it would run then die then run and die! Luckilly it stayed running till I hit the pavement where it drove fine all the way from Chilliwack to aldergrove!!! Then it died in my sons friends driveway .....again let it sit for 5 min and it started fine. Now it starts no prob.[27]
I do have a very bad oil leak (rear main I think) that has soaked the starter and I don't think my battery is all that great. Would the oil cause this problem? any Ideas? any help would be appreciated.[blah][blah]

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

STranger
07-25-2005, 11:36 AM
sounds like the fuel filter is clogged or the pump isn't making pressure.the starter thing could just be a bad battery or solonoid.

-------------------------
i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

sometimes when i'm tired i'll be rude to people...the rest of the time it's just because i think it's funny.

shockless
07-25-2005, 12:23 PM
yah maybe a filter, or could it be a sensor?

__________________________________________________ ______________________
87 F250 300/4.9l/ stock running gear/3:54s
mods: k&n filter,3 inch trailmaster body lift,31's,roll bar, warn manual hubs,
coming soon:
in the middle of a sas
"I lifted my truck cause fat chicks cant climb"

dickrick
07-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Well I found one of the problems while hooking my truck up to a snap-on scanner. I had a loose wire on my fuel pump relay and while moving the relay over it fell right out!![2] Oh well that at least is an easy fix.[drama] I will work the bugs out of this thing soon![freak]

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

In The Zone
07-27-2005, 07:33 PM
hmmmm bumpy road no work

loose wire go figure eh!

stupid wires....

HMMMMMMM
ITS a FORD

Rebulon Refurbulater
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Check grounds....ford uses these stupid braided clip on ground straps here and there....they rot and corrode and break....good luck

For Sale 38.5x12.5x16.5 tsl sx super swampers on steel 8 lug rims only 2 left for spares. Good from 36 to 38 inch tires...100.00 ea..7"springs for super duty...like new ...send me a msg.
Wheelin',Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!