PDA

View Full Version : warn "premium" hubs

STranger
07-23-2005, 05:16 AM
lick goat penis[2]

i dont generally like these,but when i put the 35/44 front in the b2 i had a set here so i put them in.first trip out one failed,so i put a drive plate in that corner to temporarilly replace it.that stayed in for about 4 months.
i finally got around to replacing it with another premium hub,tried using it to drag some shit around the lot,and BANG! no 4wheel drive.
look at the hub,the knob is popped out.[13]
screw it.
throwing those things away,putting the stock ford type in.they arent as pretty,but at least they are reliable.

oh ya,when that first one failed,it left me stuck in DEEP mud,which got into my pressure plate,jamming it so i had to do a clutch job too.[27][27][27]

-------------------------
i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

sometimes when i'm tired i'll be rude to people...the rest of the time it's just because i think it's funny.

MetalMan
07-23-2005, 07:09 AM
Wow, that's harsh...I haven't had any problems with mine yet, hope things stay that way too.

I'm not a drunkaholic, occifer...

G-rizzle Swank
07-23-2005, 08:07 AM
so how does a hub actually break?

They dont call me the Swank for nothin

Jroc
07-23-2005, 08:13 AM
I have my automatic hubs still, ive seen lots of people break them and i have heard many bad things about them , but mine just wont break!!!! and ive tried.

WARNING!
This site may or may not contain meat or other animal by-products,lewd behavior,breif nudity,exsplisive language,and Toyotas
veiwer discretion is advised
18A

STranger
07-23-2005, 08:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by G-rizzle Swank

so how does a hub actually break?

on the premiums they use this crappy spring on the engagement knob to push the lock ring in.if it doesn't push hard enough to push the ring in all the way,under load the ring pops back out with enough force to blow the knob right out of the bezel.the standard hubs(and factory ones)use a plastic plate that engages the ring more securely.

-------------------------
i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

sometimes when i'm tired i'll be rude to people...the rest of the time it's just because i think it's funny.

Marko
07-23-2005, 10:31 AM
hmm i never had any problem with my fords either tho my driverside one went on the old style hub..