PDA

View Full Version : susp Question

Bigsexy
07-17-2005, 06:24 PM
will adding a 2'' coil spacer to my 6'' lift springs throw the camber outa wack? R they ne good to have .. im thinkn gettin one just so i stop rubbin my 38s... they jsut barely dont make the fender when i turn and flex[2][cheers]

shockless
07-17-2005, 06:40 PM
whats kinda truck?

__________________________________________________ ______________________
87 F250 300/4.9l/ stock running gear/3:54s
mods: k&n filter,3 inch trailmaster body lift,31's,roll bar, warn manual hubs,
coming soon:
in the middle of a sas
"I lifted my truck cause fat chicks cant climb"

Bigsexy
07-17-2005, 06:45 PM
it was for a 78f250... but its the same price for the coils cause i got a 96 f150 now and i askd about the coils... they seemd pretty good and its a brand new leaf pack too right soo no blocks or rearcd stiffness..[cheers]

Bigsexy
07-17-2005, 06:46 PM
i totally had ur other thread in mind there..aboutthe leafs...fuck im stupid...

shockless
07-17-2005, 08:58 PM
haha no worries man so the spacers are for a 96 f150? i have heard that 2 inches is the max that you can go without putting the alignment right out this is without the ttb drop brackets so if you have 6 inches now then you should be able to put 2 inch spacers in with no problems

coming soon:
in the middle of a sas

Bigsexy
07-18-2005, 01:26 PM
well lets hope so.. i had a bronco b4 and the front tires were soo mangled.. camberd out soo much...

hornythrony
07-18-2005, 05:53 PM
you had more then 2"s on it with no drop brackets[f]

its a fullsize thing! jeep owners just wont understand :p

m j
07-18-2005, 06:01 PM
78 f250 with coils??
2wdr?

shockless
07-18-2005, 07:00 PM
if its a 78 then its solid but if its the 96 then i was told 2 inches is max with no drop brackets

coming soon:
in the middle of a sas

hornythrony
07-19-2005, 08:28 AM
to clearify this for him since hes not its for his 96 F150 its got a 6" lift with drop brackets and he was woundering if he could put a adisunal (its spelled wrong i know) 2" coil spacer in the front.

and also brandon if your looking at 78 F150 coils they are different then yours they look the same but there different mounting on the axle.

nitrous
07-19-2005, 11:54 AM
if you are going to adjust the height of it go and get an alignment afterwards...see if they can get it all straight..

Bigsexy
07-19-2005, 12:51 PM
ya ive tryd that.. every shop has turnd me down cause they dont got the proper alignment thingr..ne one no a place close by.. im in mplrdge/mission

nitrous
07-19-2005, 02:26 PM
well why can't they do it? where do you live? i know a guy in abbotsford that could take care of it i am pretty sure....place is called Acombine...heard of it?

for cars we use something called caster/camber plates that give you more adjustability

Rebulon Refurbulater
07-19-2005, 05:31 PM
hey!
Heres my 2 cents....The six inch kit has the same drop brakets as the 4 inch kits.....Just lower mounting holes for the chicken wings......alignment is alwasys a compromise with the ttb and lift....Ir you add the spacers your asking for extra tire wear and possibly funnier handling.....even with the max degree alignment cams it will be problematic.......good luck

hornythrony
07-20-2005, 09:56 AM
have you talk to dave at curtis?

Bigsexy
07-20-2005, 02:38 PM
im in mission.. but i have gone to like 7 places .. noone wants to do it cause its not to the stock specs.. .and yes ive gone to curtis...along with every other place in abby.. xcept acombined.. im not tooo concernd bout tire ware... jsut want the tires as straight top/bottom as possible..i also got the camber adjusters.. -2 - +2 degree .. soo im hoping that will solve mee problems

nitrous
07-22-2005, 07:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by brandon

im in mission.. but i have gone to like 7 places .. noone wants to do it cause its not to the stock specs.. .and yes ive gone to curtis...along with every other place in abby.. xcept acombined.. im not tooo concernd bout tire ware... jsut want the tires as straight top/bottom as possible..i also got the camber adjusters.. -2 - +2 degree .. soo im hoping that will solve mee problems

well if you wanna go to Acombine i suggest going there...go in and ask for Robin (he is the tire guy there) and tell him Craig the mustang guy told you to come there and he will set you up with this other guy there and he will see what he can do..just tell him you have it lifted and nobody else and get it perfect and see if you can do what you gotta do to get it proper...

pumpkin
07-22-2005, 10:33 AM
You can do it yourself, just use a carpenters square to get the camber as close as you can, then a tape measure to set the toe. As far as tire wear its the toe that wears tires, camber causing tire wear is so minimal its not an problem. If you still having trouble come by Canadian Tire in Po Co and talk to me Bob.

Toe Jam
07-22-2005, 05:34 PM
i know the owners of accombined and he's the cheepest guy iknow. they charge you an arm and and 3 legs over there. i won't deal with them.

Ford First on Race DAy

nitrous
07-23-2005, 07:21 AM
haha ya i have a buddy that works there and they are pretty cheap but they have been good to me...bought a lot of stuff from them..

Rebulon Refurbulater
07-23-2005, 03:42 PM
hey[f]
It doesnt matter who you get to try to align the 6" kit plus 2"
spacer...it wont align...sorry to say....as far as caster camber toe.....Caster is required for many reasons...one of witch is to return your wheel to centre....excessive camber will wear tires,which is what you will have if you add the extra spacer........as will more than about a quarter inch of toe.....
good luck

For Sale 38.5x12.5x16.5 tsl sx super swampers on steel 8 lug rims only 2 left for spares. Good from 36 to 38 inch tires...100.00 ea..7"springs for super duty...like new ...send me a msg.
Wheelin',Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!