PDA

View Full Version : winch cable???

lizard
07-17-2005, 01:54 PM
So has anyone used the sleeves for crimping your cable? I couldnt
find the ubolts that I usually use, Do you just crimp them hard in a vise or what?[?][?]

G-rizzle Swank
07-17-2005, 04:26 PM
i think you have to use a press. i just used the u-bolt style and it seems fine to me. i got mine from home depot. try rona. although you prob already know but if you use a u-bolt "never lassoe a dead horse"

They dont call me the Swank for nothin

Hyenuf
07-17-2005, 07:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by G-rizzle Swank

i think you have to use a press. i just used the u-bolt style and it seems fine to me. i got mine from home depot. try rona. although you prob already know but if you use a u-bolt "never lassoe a dead horse"

Sorry bro...... that's Never SADDLE a dead horse. I would be a little leary about getting winching supplies from home depot.....

Try most 4X4 shops or industrial fastener places... Those saddle clips are specifcally designed to be used with wire rope. I watched a cheapy come undone with...... really shitty results. Don't scrimp here... Your life is worth more than a couple of bucks.

I don't mean to sound nitpicky swank and if that's how I came across.... Sorry. Like I said...... bad results from cheap supplies!!

"Mr Hansen, I don't know why you're getting so angry... Those reproduction parts look just as good as the factory ones....NO ..MR HANSEN....DON'T!!!!"(Sound of smashing glass)[}:)]

- Sound of the ICBC estimator that decided in the end to put REAL parts back on the Durango!!

jeeper
07-17-2005, 08:21 PM
If you can get the radius bends to make the end !

The ubolts from P A or home depot will work just make sure you are using the right size for the wire and use at least 2 !

Its almost worth going to a wire rope company and having them put the proper crimp ends on !There are a few around !Neater and smaller then using ubolts !

Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool

lizard
07-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Is there one around here?

jeeper
07-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Theres one in port kells -i cant remeber the name but you should be able to find it in the phone book --im sure theyd crimp them up for you for cash without making you wait !

Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool

sparkes3
07-20-2005, 04:21 PM
just looked at the pictures of your hunting trip.Awesome hunt. mind tellin me where you were

taz

lizard
07-20-2005, 06:30 PM
me or jeeper?

mines top secret, but it is in the williams lake area