PDA

View Full Version : so....about these Ford injectors in Jeeps.....

Fuzzydog
07-13-2005, 11:00 AM
@#$^&W%^! injectors. Got the seals yesterday, ,and today I am able to see that it is 2 of the injectors leaking between the metal and plastic parts. !@$%%**! again!!!

Of course I'm leaving on holidays Sunday (with the Jeep)
So any opinions on replacing only 2 injectors with the ford ones to save a few $$$?
would it HAVE to be all ford injectors or would it be ok with only 2 of them and the rest original?

oh, and has anyone actually done this? Is it possible to replace injectors without disconnecting the fuel rail?

"Your balls, once swallowed, cannot be reattached.....I'm just saying"

Melvin
07-13-2005, 04:12 PM
What u want to do is use the ford 19# injectors. They should be a orangy/tan color injector. For replacement it shouldnt be to hard. Did mine in under an hour. If replacing the o rings u might as well as do all of them while u are there. And yes u need to remove the fuel rail.

U can lead a donkey to an ass, But u cant make him spit.

91 cherokee, 10" rubicon long arm etc.

Fuzzydog
07-14-2005, 06:05 AM
well, I don't know about this ford injector idea -
Best price I could find for the ford injectors was $167 each (and that was at a ford dealership - flaps runs about $186)- of course nobody stocks them...
Cambodian tire has the jeep injectors for $99 but won't be here til tuesday. Saw fuel running out of the injector today so that won't do.
Flaps has the jeep injectors for $145 and they are here today. So I'm going with two jeep injectors and all new orings.

dickrick
07-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Check out princess auto they had ford injectors in their surplus section of their catalogue on line cheap I think.[cheers]

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Fuzzydog
07-14-2005, 08:56 AM
dickrick - Thanks! i found them in the catalog and just happen to be going to prince george on sunday. gonna check em out. In the meantime I did pick up 2 OEM today for $325 total -- oooh, my ass hurts! It's gotta be done - I had major leakage this morning.

Those ford ones in the princess auto pic look the same, hopefully they are the right ones.

Fuzzydog
07-14-2005, 12:21 PM
cdn-xj - why do you have to remove the fuel rail? Wait, I may not be asking this right....what I mean to say is do you have to disconnect the fuel supply and return lines from the fuel rail, to do the injectors?
The supply line is flexible and the hard return line connects to a flexible hose so it should all just bend up out of the way?

I know I'll find out when I do it, but I want to be prepared as best I can, and I don't want to have to replace those fuel line fittings if I don't have to.....

Melvin
07-14-2005, 05:22 PM
u dont have to remove the supply and return line. But u do have to remove the fuel rail from the motor. I removed everything to make it easier. I insert the injectors into the rail first on the bench, then transfer the rail with injectors into the intake. Also make sure to lube injector o rings before inserting into rail and intake. U can also grab those ford injectors off any 1987-1995 mustang. Came factory on those cars.

U can lead a donkey to an ass, But u cant make him spit.

91 cherokee, 10" rubicon long arm etc.

KBB
07-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Send Just some asshole a Pm. He has a whole set of injectors on the wall of his garage he would give to you. Maybe he could put them on the bus if you pay. He could give them away 6 months ago.
Make sure you offer him a bottle oe rye for them, still really cheap.