PDA

View Full Version : international scout diffs

C-Dog
07-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Hello there everyone is there anyone that knows what kind of diffs come in the scouts im looking at one just for the trails but i dont know what they come with and if they are any good [cheers]

wade and cleatus
07-12-2005, 10:20 AM
D44's, narrower than the regular f/s crap. They usually come with trac loc limited slips and 3.56 gears in the standards. When it comes to IH its way more capable than an equivalent made by another manufacturer. Scouts are bad for rust around the rear quarters and the floor, as well as the bottom corners of the windshield frame. The axles are desirable because theyre narrow, they make a good candidate for a jeep. Tell me more, engine trans etc.

~Before you takin a look at my world you better take a walk in the real world, cuz this aint no mr. rogers neigborhood~

C-Dog
07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
well it has no motor or tranny in it but the truck was built for rally or tuff truck kinda stuff everyting is there but like i said motor tranny&tcase of course and it is supposed to be set up to take a chev 350 going to look at it in a couple of days will get some pics where should i look for rust on the frame any common spots you know of thanks man [cheers]

wade and cleatus
07-12-2005, 11:24 AM
No frame rust on them, just cracks. Check around the botton curve of the frame at the front behind the wheels and around any of the rivets in the frame. If theyre minor cracks they can be welded, best with a rod meant for flexible steel, the frames really like to flex, in the pick ups anyhoo. Chech around the steering box for shits n' giggles, ive never seen one crack due to the double plating and superior cross member design thats engineered into them, but ya never know. Just dont go into it expecting rust free body panels or the like. Ive come across a few that are mint, but theyre never for sale. IH is more than a truck, its a brother hood, a life style if you will.

~Before you takin a look at my world you better take a walk in the real world, cuz this aint no mr. rogers neigborhood~

C-Dog
07-12-2005, 11:35 AM
well i looked at this thing a few years back and it looked pretty good like i said was a tuff truck or something so there is a cage and the dash is all done like a race car has net windows on the doors all in all it looked really cool cant wait to go see it again knowing more about it and where to look for certain stuff like cracks in the frame but i think it would be a really cool trail truck so that i dont have to beat me big rig [cheers]wade

StillRYE
07-12-2005, 07:41 PM
If I had the time and money I would be building a Scout theres just somthin about them they definately are a tough sexy truck

------------------------------------------------
If I don't die by Thursday I'll be roarin on Friday!!!!

Yes I am opinionated and drunk whats it too ya!!!

82 Toyota LB 33x12.50 M/T,fully rebuilt 22R bored .030 over, comp cam,350 Holley carb, Hedman header

86 4runner gloss black spray bomb paint job and power windows

dickrick
07-13-2005, 05:22 AM
[j]I miss my Scout 2 [j]

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

C-Dog
07-13-2005, 07:50 AM
WELL IM GLAD TO HEAR THAT PEOPLE LIKE THE SCOUTS AND THAT THEY ARE A GOOD TRUCK MAKES ME WANT IT EVEN MORE HOP TO GO SEE IT TONIGHT BUT THE GUY SAID HE JUST TOWED IT TO THE BACK OF THE PASTURE AND BLOCKED IT IN NOW HE HAS TO DRAG IT OUT HAHAHAHAH SERVES HIM RIGHT FOR BARRYING IT[15][15][15]

shockless
07-13-2005, 08:28 AM
scouts are nice they have style my dad when he was about 14 ran his dads into a tree but thy got it fixed and he still had it for a long time

__________________________________________________ ______________________
87 F250 300/4.9l/ stock running gear/3:54s
mods: k&n filter,3 inch trailmaster body lift,31's,roll bar, warn manual hubs,
coming soon:
in the middle of a sas
"I lifted my truck cause fat chicks cant climb"

epic3
07-13-2005, 11:13 AM
They're awsome a 4by shoe box with no roof and easy to maintain