PDA

View Full Version : ford hub questions

barracuda
06-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I have a 79 hp 8 bolt d44 that i am putting in my truck . I have warn hubs that i was going to put on it but i am not able to get the snap ring on the axle shaft.
The hubs were on my ifs 44 from the 3/4 ton and they are the same part number from warn. also there seems to be a large spring under the hub and it sits in a spring retainer ring (like on a older spicer hub)but the ifs did not have this. any ideas ???

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/barracuda/card.gif

"A level" mobile welder
mig,tig,alum spool,stick
rates start at $65 an hr
welder rental from $125 per day

The way to a mans heart is through his zipper!!!

In The Zone
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
wish i could help ya but mine were from a 76 f250 and the clips fit no problem

i know some of the snaprings vary in thickness from different applications go figure,,,

i just did the father in laws put new warn hubs on and the wimpy snap ring was tossed out cause the oem one was way thicker

HMMMMMMM
ITS a FORD

boyzen
06-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Ahhhh I have ran into this several times, some axles that came with spicer hubs have the c clip farther into the centre, some have two slots .I just carfully grind a slot 3/16 from the end of the axle shaft and you will be good to go.

money costs too much!!!

barracuda
06-30-2005, 07:22 PM
well i had a same partnumber near new set of ford hubs and ford thick clips and it all went together (the warn ones only seem to work with the thin ones?). now how about the extra spring i found in the center?underneath the hub assembly as far as i can tell with these style hubs i shouldnt need them. not sure why they were left in there?

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/barracuda/card.gif

"A level" mobile welder
mig,tig,alum spool,stick
rates start at $65 an hr
welder rental from $125 per day

The way to a mans heart is through his zipper!!!

boyzen
06-30-2005, 07:29 PM
never seen an extra spring in them. there is usually only 1 spring in the warn hubs and yes they use the thin clip. not the the thick one/.

money costs too much!!!