PDA

View Full Version : Help me out please

joshjohnbaun
06-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey, im new to the whole body work... but how would I go about patching up a hole in the rockers? weld on a patch and grind it down or? here is what the whole looks like, give me an idea of how I could do this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/joshjohnbaun/Picture007.jpg

thanks!

Lift it, fat chicks cant jump

lizard
06-25-2005, 06:19 PM
depends....goodway=welding
cheapway= fibreglass & bondo

Buy some sheetmetal or grab an old fender,door or hood. Cut out a piece big/wide enough to cover panel plus extra. Go further down the sill to a solid piece an use that as a template for your bends.

bend out new panel then cut out all the rusty crap. section in the new panel with an underlap piece about 2 inchs past each butt(edge). check all door gaps for fit, weld the butts solid , spot welds for lower and upper.

tbm
06-25-2005, 08:22 PM
your mom must be pissed right off![22]

I'D HIT THAT

basher
06-25-2005, 08:56 PM
duct tape and some paint. you should be good to go. [redneck]

BeerBaron666
06-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Take it to Stave pack it with mud then just rockgruard it[redneck]

-------------------------------
VOTE FOR PEDRO!
----------------
Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/beerbaron666/200516181821_Banner-Bogger-350.jpg
8.24spudKB

factor
06-26-2005, 07:37 AM
air vents make it go faster

joshjohnbaun
06-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey, its not moms jeep its mine, just thought ide go and get it fixed before painting it, another question, about how difficult is it to change the interior carpet all around in the jeep? like is it able to be done at home, or would you recomend getting it done proffesionally?

thanks

BeerBaron666
06-26-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't know about how hard it would be, but I guess if you got the proper carpent that it prefitted for the truck it should easy enough[cheers]

-------------------------------
VOTE FOR PEDRO!
----------------
Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/beerbaron666/200516181821_Banner-Bogger-350.jpg
8.24spudKB

Dieseljeep
06-27-2005, 02:24 PM
For the hole I would use a patch panel from a donor or use a new piece bent to fit and welded as the rockers are a structual part of a uni body like an XJ . The carpet is nothing more than pull the seats and council,and the lower floor trim and a quick remove and replace.it will take about 3 hours to do the job.That includes a clean up of the floor pan to remove the grodys and schmutz.

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.
Water cover75% of the Earth -Jeeps cover the rest!

lizard
06-27-2005, 08:33 PM
any change u find under the seats is mine

jeepxj89
06-28-2005, 01:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by basher

duct tape and some paint. you should be good to go. [redneck]

haha i had a guy try to sell me an xj once, and both rockers, behind the rear wheelwell, and part of the floor were patched up with ductape and spraypainted [redneck]

Explorer guy418
06-28-2005, 10:13 PM
dont recarpet it, rhyno line it. my jeep is fully rhyno lined on the interior and its sweet.

88 Ranger - R.I.P
YJ

joshjohnbaun
06-28-2005, 10:22 PM
i was thinking of doing that rhino liner, that would be a good idea actually, just gotta see how the floor is doign underneath haha

joshjohnbaun
06-28-2005, 10:23 PM
oh crap, one more question, my ebrake doesnt work? well it does very lightly though, and i figure it just needs to be tightened... but I cant get this damned center console out to tighten it, or is that where i should even be looking? get back to me on how to fix this problem please.

Josh

joshjohnbaun
06-28-2005, 11:04 PM
errr couple more for ya.... my break lights.... decided to stop working, the bulbs are fine, along with the fuses? weve checked it all, could someone give me an idea on that? also! what size tires could i fit on a non lifted 88 cherokee, i was thinking somewhere along the lines of a 30" MT or a 31" MT? would that be able to fit with still a decent amount of clearance?

jeepxj89
06-28-2005, 11:30 PM
i agree rhinoline the floor just finished mine today actually, sunk my cherokee up to the "cherokee" symbols on water the other day. rhino lining is awesome but it does get a little noisier in the cab, and passenger side floor gets kinda warm from the exhaust but hey, in the winter, ur passenger can have a foot warmer. as for the ebrake adjuster. it is UNDERNEATH your truck, go under and look ull see it its got some nuts and stuff there just tighten em a bit. and for your brake light question. have you checked your brake switch? its connected to your brake pedal but higher up, follow it up and ull see a white and grey thing that has a little push button switch on the end of it. she sorta lookers like that (except thats a gm model) http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hotrodlane.cc/newimages/brakeswitch.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hotrodlane.cc/newhtml/brakeswitch.html&h=1640&w=2330&sz=111&tbnid=1PWNEl2BfdAJ:&tbnh=105&tbnw=150&hl=en&start=5&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2Bbrake%2Blight%2Bswitch%26hl%3Den%2 6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

joshjohnbaun
06-29-2005, 08:40 AM
thanks a bunch, i now got myself an ebrake :) but the brake lights? i couldnt figure out where the brake light switch was.... and if i was to find it..... what would i do? sorry im new to the whole car fixing thing, but im really interested in learning, my friends are teachin me but this we could not get.

Fuzzydog
06-29-2005, 09:41 AM
HOLY @#$%@#$^@!!!!

Good thing I read this thread - I replaced my ABS hydraulic booster/master cylinder and pedal last weekend with a vac booster/mc and pedal. I forgot to check the operation of the brake light switch!!

"Your balls, once swallowed, cannot be reattached.....I'm just saying"

mista fitz
06-30-2005, 07:16 PM
I'd say cut out the rockers both sides entirely, and get some rock sliders built-in there instead with some square tubing, its what I wanted to do to my XJ ---- before it got STOLEN.

joshjohnbaun
07-04-2005, 08:03 AM
what size tires can you fit under a stock jeep with no lift? and still have decent turning/flex? i was thinking somewhere along the lines of 31" mudders?

Dieseljeep
07-04-2005, 08:26 AM
With a stock height Cherokee you can run a 30x9.50,there will be some rubiing at a full lock turn against the LCA`s To run a 31 you will need at least a 3 inch lift. Cherokees are noted for suspension sagging.

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.
Water cover75% of the Earth -Jeeps cover the rest!

joshjohnbaun
07-04-2005, 11:54 AM
thanks

joshjohnbaun
07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
tire question again, is there such thing as stock size mud terrains?

Fuzzydog
07-06-2005, 10:40 AM
I've got 235/75/15 Aurora MT's - pretty decent all around but Holy Crap are they noisy on the highway...

"Your balls, once swallowed, cannot be reattached.....I'm just saying"

joshjohnbaun
07-09-2005, 08:17 AM
im not good with tire size, around how many inches is that? we worked the ones out on the jeep to be 29" tires or around there