PDA

View Full Version : The carnage of the mighty 4.2

Rider
06-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Four days later the engine is appart. The heads are cracked and gargabe. There was coolant throughout the cylindars, one of the sparkplugs was sheared in half, the block in unsalvagable and the studds are stripped.

Ford thinks they can sell me another remanned 4.2 nightmare of a coolant problem engine.

What are my options people? Can I buy a crate engine and drop it in there? How large are they? Horsepower? Compatable with my truck.

STranger- truck has no engine in it at the moment its all undone and out of there. I can tow it out to your place, you got anything for me?

lizard
06-25-2005, 01:56 PM
good god woman.......that sucks ass.

get a toyota

seriously

Rider
06-25-2005, 02:02 PM
In time sweet lizard ... in time.

For now I need my truck on the road. If it has to be another 4.2 its getting a for sale sign in it. If I can get a good strong new engine in that bad boy,.. I have no reason not to keep it for another year or two.

Then get the toybox :D

T.O.
06-25-2005, 03:50 PM
302!!!

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/toddler/2005316234130_pssst.gif "I'm not here to be helpful"
quote:Originally posted by Mack
We're poking the bear aren't we?

ez_b
06-25-2005, 04:22 PM
all i know is 4 days to rip apart the engine is impressive. not.

There is plenty of room for all gods creatures.... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Hyenuf
06-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Tom did a sexy 5.0 swap for someone.

That was clean and looked factory. Quality work don't come cheap.... and Mrs Tom will knock your teeth in if you propose ANYTHING indecent!!

Love ya Leadfoot!!
:D

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

lizard
06-25-2005, 06:21 PM
did you hit on tom again Hyenuf?????

phansie
06-25-2005, 07:43 PM
yeah, he likes the strong, silent type...so you should be safe Liz![f][15]

"All I have to say is...if you're sleeping in the Hilton, you better not puke cuz there ain't no room service!!!!!"

Hyenuf
06-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Both of you can [49] my :assshake:

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

shockless
06-25-2005, 10:00 PM
shit that sucks hope you get it back together

__________________________________________________ ______________________
87 F250 300/4.9l/ stock running gear/3:54s
mods: k&n filter,3 inch trailmaster body lift,31's,roll bar, warn manual hubs,
coming soon:
in the middle of a sas
"I lifted my truck cause fat chicks cant climb"

F150HULK
06-26-2005, 04:56 AM
302!!!!! its about the only thing I haven't fucked yet in my truck! Well I tried to drown it at Postil [27]

[27][27][27][27][27]

STranger
06-26-2005, 06:37 AM
302 is pretty strong,but it's not exactly a bolt-in on her truck.bellhousing pattern is different,as well as engine management(electronics).a 5.0 HO could be a nice little powerplant for it,though.

-------------------------
i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

sometimes when i'm tired i'll be rude to people...the rest of the time it's just because i think it's funny.

Rider
06-26-2005, 07:05 AM
STranger Doooooooo ITTTTTT. Pleaseeeee. I don't care if I have to wait in line. I got my buddies truck for a couple months if I need it [8D] Ya its a Ford but with that DUI he won't be needing it [9]

I saw your work last night Stranger,(That 8 inch custom coil lifted F350) and my truck needs your love[cheers] I can have it towed there sans engine tomorrow:D

What if anything can I do with my old engine? Keep it to rebuild as a spare or what? If Ford can make a buck on it .. I think I'll take it back [22] u know .. plant flowers in it or somethin..

Rider

leadfoot
06-27-2005, 09:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Hyenuf

Tom did a sexy 5.0 swap for someone.

That was clean and looked factory. Quality work don't come cheap.... and Mrs Tom will knock your teeth in if you propose ANYTHING indecent!!

Love ya Leadfoot!!
:D

- Mark Twain

[d] yea luv ya too nic [f] and for once you're right [smack]

a woman shall have the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.