PDA

View Full Version : F250 5.4L V8 Would you buy?

Rider
06-23-2005, 05:00 AM
Hey all.:D Looks like its out with the new, and in with the newer.

As we all knew the life of my 98 F150 4.2L was never all that great to begin with. Well ford is rebuilding my engine as we speak. Gasket after gasket did not save the head. Its been there since Monday afternoon and my poor baby is all in peices[j]

As soon as its back and I pay the 3000 Minimum could be more like 5000 , I'm flipping it and its someone elses headach.

What I am looking at is this.

2002 F250 XLT (might be the super duty, I forget) 5.4L V8 with 45, 000km
Its got a four inch suspension lift, 35 tires, ram air customized, straight front axle, winch, fully loaded. Its short cab as well. Its pretty hot.

This time around though I'm looking for hot AND functional [15]

What else- its got shift with a button four wheel.. which I'm not sure I like. Also not sure I like all the power windows, remotless key entry and start.

Any opinions out there?

Punk in Drublic
06-23-2005, 07:43 AM
buy something old on 44's, something good on gas, and maybe a boat, and save some money.[!]new expensive vehicles. even if it is a ford

fetus: its like veal but human

HEAVY METAL
06-23-2005, 07:51 AM
have to agree with that..laura why dont you get a hunting/bush truck and a lil gooder on gas car?

-----------------------

GOT DANA 60?

Big_Ern
06-23-2005, 08:14 AM
If you think you can afford the payments and the expensive repair bills go for it I guess. But that thing will be a pig on gas. I'd try to find a diesel if I was getting a 3/4 ton or bigger truck.

I think you'll be a lot happier with something old that you can build up a bit. The older trucks are always cheaper and easier to repair. Plus you could get a cheap little daily driver so you don't have to worry about breaking your 4x4 and having to get to work on monday.

Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner '[i]The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

New Rig: '80 Toy "4Runner" soon to be on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]

bakelite
06-23-2005, 10:35 AM
[iagree]

"The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them."

ez_b
06-23-2005, 10:46 AM
i wouldn't buy a ford.

There is plenty of room for all gods creatures.... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

shockless
06-23-2005, 05:24 PM
id get it, but i would never buy a dodge [!] on dodges

__________________________________________________ ______________________
87 F250 300/4.9l/ stock running gear/3:54s
mods: k&n filter,3 inch trailmaster body lift,31's,roll bar, warn manual hubs,
coming soon:
in the middle of a sas
"I lifted my truck cause fat chicks cant climb"

Always broke
06-23-2005, 06:38 PM
It's really nice to have everyone back me up as to what i told you thanx everybody see i told you i wasn't steering you wrong:D[2][drama]

If I Agreed with You Then we'd Both be Wrong

Rider
06-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Will take everything under advisment!! Thanks U guys your all really great [j]

Just want a ride that works [drama] Do NOT want to add coolant like its gasoline[freak]

I won't make any rash decisions and have alot better idea on what I want in a truck. SOLID AXLE.. MORE everthing. While I would LOVE something shiny and pretty .. I just wouldn't wheel[16] or bushwack it after game [16]So we'll see what I end up with. I've got my friends truck for a couple months as he got a dui so I can really take my time, shop around and test drive lots of trucks. Ford can take thier sweet ass time rebuilding my glorified lawn orniment [9]For fawksakes[16]

stuckle
06-23-2005, 08:02 PM
go in the middle like me. I bought a 92 full size blazer, and im really happy with it. I got it for 8500 bucks, havent put too much into it, and it runs amazingly. Plus, the full injection makes my gas bill ok...and i can drive it everyday....

Scientists for Health Canada suggested that the results of a recent analysis revealed the presence of female hormones in beer. The theory is that drinking beer makes men turn into women.To test the theory, 100 men were each fed 6 pints of beer within a one-hour period. It was then observed that 100% of the men gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional,couldn't drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, had to sit down while urinating and refused to apologize when wrong

BeerBaron666
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
if your gonna spen the buck and get a pretty truck buy a deisel, if your not gonna bush wack it and beat th e shit out of it for the extra couple of bucks you might have to spend it will be worth it inthe long run. But I still get a bush truck and a car that would be the best choice:D

-------------------------------
VOTE FOR PEDRO!
----------------
Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/beerbaron666/200516181821_Banner-Bogger-350.jpg
8.24spudKB

mogster
06-24-2005, 02:07 AM
don't buy a diesel.its a myth.as of yesterday a the local fuel station diesel 91c - gas 86c.diesel are not any cheeper to run in town or traffic.so unless you do alot of highway miles or heavy haulin you aint gonna save any money on fuel.then theres parts and repairs,4x as much 6x as heavy.try crawlin under atruck to put on a dual mass flywheel.if you ever manage to save cash on fuel it would quickly disapear and then some,on parts /repairs.
for sale f350 cc diesel 4x4
a friend also has come to the same conclusion,his truck is for sale also
my mogs cheaper to run in town than my diesel!

tbm
06-24-2005, 06:42 AM
i wouldn't get two vehicles because then you end having to
pay more insurance and maintenance. one truck is enough trouble,
add a piece of crap econo car=double headache. IMHO.

I'D HIT THAT

Rider
06-24-2005, 09:55 AM
So I'm doing some shopping and go to Toyota. Holy crap some nice trucks there[b]

Just out of curiosity I check out the service bays [9] Same shit different name- more expensive to buy and more expensive to fix. They were just as busy as Ford[9]

U guys should call Ford chwk 792-1361 and ask em how my truck is doing[15][15][15]
cause they've had it since Tuesday and its all in little peices. I ask whats wrong and they say they are still checking the "extent of the dammage" [8D] Gee I'm gettin fuckt over ya think?

To top it all off my poor little dog jumped down from that big rig I was test driving and threw out her hip or something, yep 2:45pm appointment with the vet[c] ahhhh fack!

Big_Ern
06-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Ya, but if you get a toyota, you will never have to take it to the shop for those expensive repairs since they don't break down. And yes they are a little more expensive to buy, but you will easily make that money back when you go to sell it down the road since they hold their value way better than the domestic crap[f]

IMO if you're looking for something newish a mid 90's p/u or tacoma would be a great choice. You could even pick up a taco with the TRD package and electric locker. Stock that thing will go anywhere you need it to for hunting etc. The tundras with the iForce V8 would also be a good truck if you want something bigger.

Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

New Rig: '80 Toy "4Runner" soon to be on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]

F150HULK
06-24-2005, 03:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by ez_b

i wouldn't buy a ford.

There is plenty of room for all gods creatures.... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

But you bought a dodge??? [15][15][15][15]

The money Pig! And the Over Heater Beater!