PDA

View Full Version : Camping trailer

Honky
06-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Been kicking the idea around of building a new camping trailer. The new trailer will be an enclosed trailer for hauling the camping gear and a hot tub when unpacked.

4 foot wide and 6 foot long the trailer will have an upper and lower half.

The lower tub will be 2 feet deep with a 1 foot lip around the 4 sides. On the back a dropdown door
The whole lower tub will be fitted with all the hoses and plumbing for quick set up and the four sides of the trailer will have jack posts to take the weight off the springs and for leveling.

The upper will have 4 sides and a top. The top and bottom will be connected by 4 posts that can be easily lifted off. The top back will have a door that hinges open to the side.

The front will have an open flat area to hold the hunting stove in the winter and box with hoses and fittings in the summer.

The top will be set up for haul a boat and a small motor off to one side.

The sides will have proper mounts to hold the large 3 burner stove on one side and the Coleman kitchen on the other.

The whole thing will sit on Jeep wheels on 31 mud tires.

Wish I could draw this but I suck at drawing.

--------
HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin

C-Dog
06-15-2005, 10:15 AM
sounds like a pretty sweet trailer totally multi purpose but i would settle for a hottub trailer those things are sweet

Toyrantula
06-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Monster Garaging a U HAUL.......how cool can that be?

I`m hung like Einstein
and smart as a horse.

STranger
06-15-2005, 10:50 AM
jeep wheels?

i thought you would want it to actually get there....

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

if you put 20 grand into a 30 grand buildup,you dont have a $20,000 rig-you're just $10,000 short of having anything.

On the Zone
06-15-2005, 11:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by HWA

Been kicking the idea around of building a new camping trailer. The new trailer will be an enclosed trailer for hauling the camping gear and a hot tub when unpacked.

4 foot wide and 6 foot long the trailer will have an upper and lower half.

The lower tub will be 2 feet deep with a 1 foot lip around the 4 sides.
The upper will have 4 sides and a top. The top and bottom will be connected by 4 posts that can be easily lifted off. The top back will have a door that hinges open to the side.

The front will have an open flat area to hold the hunting stove in the winter and box with hoses and fittings in the summer.

if there is a 1' lip around the bottom part, how can there be an open flat area at the front??

I am trying to draw this out for you and can't visualize this part.

every group needs a Dean. http://members.shaw.ca/tcbulmer/smilies/thumb.gif

EIEIO
06-15-2005, 11:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by STranger

jeep wheels?

i thought you would want it to actually get there....

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

if you put 20 grand into a 30 grand buildup,you dont have a $20,000 rig-you're just $10,000 short of having anything.

BURN!!!!! [c]

85 SJ413 Chopped & Decked, Locked & Loaded!

www.bczukis.com

Honky
06-15-2005, 11:26 AM
The lip on the four side is for sitting on. The front of the trailer is the outside of the trailer on the tongue where I put the wash tub on with all the hoses inside.

--------
HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin

DanB
06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
why not go for pickup box style with canopy ie: toy box or somehting so u can have it narrow and if u want it 6 foot long then get short box or something.. and take off canopy for hot tubbing.. and while not hot tubbing load up things then put canopy on.. makes your life easier??

im planning on getting some cheap light canopy for my trailer later on and put a quick removal device on outside to remove the canopy and have simlar purpose as you...

lizard
06-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey harry will it have a rollbar too?

Big_Ern
06-15-2005, 01:23 PM
training wheels might be better [f]

Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

New Rig: '80 Toy "4Runner" soon to be on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]