PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run debriefing

Honky
06-13-2005, 08:25 AM
From my perspective the poker run was a success!!!!

This was the first poker run we put on by the group and would like some feedback as to what worked and more importantly what didn’t.

I think what worked really well was the unmanned stations so that no one had to sit there all day. The other thing I see that worked well was the Food. With everyone bringing an appetizer the food never stopped all night long!

What was a surprise was the amount of people that went into the trail challenge class. I figured there would be 6 or 7 trucks in on the trail class and the rest on the standard or “road class”. Turns out only 6 of the 28 trucks were on the road class. I would guess it was because they have not seen how tough the trail where. So next time we need to post some pictures or trail rate them.

Sorry the poker was so late but Rob our fearless leader was broken on the trail. He had the draw as soon as he got the group.

Please post your thoughts!!!

--------
HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin

Big_Ern
06-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Was an awesome time.[36] Wish I could have stayed later to see the poker being played. Who Won[?]

I agree about rating the trails -- a lot of people with fairly stock rigs jumped into the modified class with no chance at all.

Maybe organize the groups and starting times a bit better in advance so there is a group scheduled to leave at 8:30, 9, 9:30, etc That way we don't all have to stand around in the staging area for 2+ hours. I don't think waiting on the trails was that big of an issue though since it gives you the chance to watch some of the other rigs run the trails.

thanks to everyone for making it such a great success[cheers]

I'll post my pictures and video later this week when I get the chance.

Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

New Rig: '80 Toy "4Runner" soon to be on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]

Honky
06-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Next time I would like to see the trail class have a separate Poker draw. Took us by surprises that so many signed up for the trail class not knowing how hard the trails were. That was our fault for not posting a rating. It made more sense to combine the two classes as the 6 trucks that ran the road class would have the unfair advantage and again it was our fault for informing everyone how tough these trails were….well for Non jeeps anyways… they had no problems.

I was thinking that we could do this again in the fall and this time make it a sponsored event. Have local 4x4 companies sponsor some prizes.

Come you guys we need feedback – we have thick skin let us know what you think.

--------

C-Dog
06-13-2005, 08:58 AM
ah man i had such a wicked time[36]it was awesome and you are right if i would have known how bad the trails were i would have entered stock and ran the trails for the bonus cards but hey thats in a perfect world that iot all goes down right so hay i give two big thumbs up to everyone who helped put the run on and also to everyone that showed up and played take it easy ttys [36][cheers]
cant wauit for the next run

u-can-2
06-13-2005, 08:58 AM
My man Kris won first place [36][36][36] with 5 of a kind.... A LOADED win no doubt [f]

Bruce's youngest pulled second with 4 Queens (I think)[h]

I had a great time, even though Sue was broken[V] Still got to run 6' with no Low range [36]

All in all, great time for a trial poker run. Thanks Rob, great work buddy (I bet you feel like hell today[6] You were bloody LOADED at the Samsquanch [15]) Got Great Dane [?]) As usual, thanks Chef Bruce and everyone else who took turns at the grill [d] Kev, you [36] too

Excellent turn out, good to meet allot of you and put faces to the names [k] Dave (Buckle), you da man [cheers] Thanks for your battery and running into town for parts....

Thats about all I got for now. Turns out I drink and don't remember allot [freak]

*** I used to be sexist........... But bitches hate that shit [:0] ***
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/HWA/2004923204537_jeepbeat.gif

matrixwoman
06-13-2005, 09:28 AM
my only thoughts, since i wasn't there, is YES have one in the fall! this sounds like an awesome enough of an event to do more then once a year!

1988.5 sami currently undergoing intense transformation....

Pudge
06-13-2005, 09:30 AM
I too give two big thumbs up!! I thank everyone whom spent time putting this together. In hind sight I should have went road class and just picked a hill or two, but oh well, now I know what I have to fix before going hard (was first time on the trails). Big thanks to all those who stopped on my many cool down stops (and the battery fall out stop, lol). Wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy the food, but maybe next time. Met tons of really cool people, LEARNED ALOT, and looking forward to next time!! I too think dedicated start times would have made a difference.

So to all those whom made this day great [cheers][36][cheers][36][cheers][stoned]

get your winches ready cause the V6 Toy is taking more trails next time (well maybe get the tow truck ready, lol)

Paul

MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM

82 CHEV-OTA STEPSIDE LIFTED ON 35'S
GHETTO LOCKED IN THE BACK

Squishy
06-13-2005, 12:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by u-can-2

My man Kris won first place [36][36][36] with 5 of a kind.... A LOADED win no doubt [f]

Bruce's youngest pulled second with 4 Queens (I think)[h]

I had a great time, even though Sue was broken[V] Still got to run 6' with no Low range [36]

All in all, great time for a trial poker run. Thanks Rob, great work buddy (I bet you feel like hell today[6] You were bloody LOADED at the Samsquanch [15]) Got Great Dane [?]) As usual, thanks Chef Bruce and everyone else who took turns at the grill [d] Kev, you [36] too

Excellent turn out, good to meet allot of you and put faces to the names [k] Dave (Buckle), you da man [cheers] Thanks for your battery and running into town for parts....

Thats about all I got for now. Turns out I drink and don't remember allot [freak]

i dont know if loaded is the word to use, might wanna try, as rezzy says, TRIPPLE O LOADED, i cant honestly sat i remember playing poker[32]

8274, Its Like Ducttape, Never Leave Home Without It!

Got MonoFoam?

Honky
06-13-2005, 12:40 PM
You didn’t………… hey you got that $200.00 I lent you on Saturday [f]

--------

stuckle
06-13-2005, 12:41 PM
wow...what a day. I had an amazing time let me tell you.....

I met soooooo many great people it is not even funny. I enjoyed my self soo much even though i didnt get to play poker or 4x4 too much because of work and a little carnage[j] i met close to everyone except kevin..haha..funny how that worked out...

Heavy...you are the man....this guy introduced me to everyone..i love him to death and weve chilled once...and i was sober.....hope to see you soon..[36] (good to hear your getting an axle the size of your penis)[c]

BigB...thanks for everything..you explained alot to me, and i hope the plans for my truck work out great..really looking forward to it...your also the man...

Princess and Beerbaroness...you girls are something else[39]haha..nice to meet you...your great and nice to have around i can tell allready..see you soon

Godzuka....Wade...Kris...v6 toy...loud guy...NickB...man...ill stop myself now before i take up half the page...Everyone there is amazing...im really looking forward to 4x4ing all the time with you guys...too much to say about how great the group is...

Rob and party, thanks for organizing a great outing..your time and effort is appreiciated!

To eveyone i missed..party on[36][36]

Im counting down to 200 posts[L]

See yea all soon[chugging][chugging][chugging]

O and by the way...i was late for work and i couldnt give 2 shits[30]

1992 Full Size Blazer, 31 inch BFG's, Stock Drivetrain
Soon to Come:
6 inch Lift and 35's
Solid Axle Front End
Corp 14 Bolt Full Floater Rear End

Honky
06-13-2005, 12:43 PM
didn't you post this already???

--------

HEAVY METAL
06-13-2005, 12:49 PM
[36] Dave....(buckle) you rock dude..i'll speak for the group and say it was awesome to see an newbie jump right in and offer any and evrything you have! thatw as greatly aprreciated and we will do the same for you [cheers]

-----------------------

GOT DANA 60?

EIEIO
06-13-2005, 12:53 PM
I wish I coulda stayed longer, unfortunately I had to take off early, but I was loaded and continued to get loaded all night for you guys!! Excellent job on the run guys!

85 SJ413 Chopped & Decked, Locked & Loaded!

www.bczukis.com

stuckle
06-13-2005, 12:58 PM
yeah..but no one could read it..so i figuered id re-post it so everyone could get my thanks again...

by the way..anyone have more pics of the event..i wasnt there for long..and want to see what happend after i was gone......

cant wait till july long at harrison....its gona be kill

Soon to Come:
6 inch Lift and 35's
Solid Axle Front End

Honky
06-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Buckle ...What Heavymetal said! Great to see you jump in and help out. It does go a long way with this group!!!!!!

--------

stuckle
06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
thanks everybody..i was just being myself[36] hope it was kill after i left..and BigB didnt break again[drama]

Soon to Come:
6 inch Lift and 35's
Solid Axle Front End

Squishy
06-13-2005, 01:12 PM
buckle, usually a bunch of us go out every weekend, just check the events forum, its always open invite, even if you cant run the trails, its always fun to come out(i came out and watched when i had my f150) and just watch the show

8274, Its Like Ducttape, Never Leave Home Without It!

Got MonoFoam?

stuckle
06-13-2005, 01:14 PM
trust me...after how much i enjoyed myself on saturday..ill be 4x4ing with all of you guys as much as i can..and then when i finish my truck..WATCH OUT[36]

Soon to Come:
6 inch Lift and 35's
Solid Axle Front End

HEAVY METAL
06-13-2005, 01:19 PM
hey buckle...BIBG broke again..and again..and again...

and again!

-----------------------

GOT DANA 60?

stuckle
06-13-2005, 01:21 PM
what hapend...fill me in bro

Soon to Come:
6 inch Lift and 35's
Solid Axle Front End

u-can-2
06-13-2005, 01:43 PM
He broke his drive shaft, then Daryl welded it.

Then Pat and Deaner towed him out.

Then he broke his drive shaft, and Daryl welded it.

[f][f][f]
[22][22][22]

stuckle
06-13-2005, 01:45 PM
hahahaha.....let me guess..tryign to climb bulldozers again BigB?[f]

Soon to Come:
6 inch Lift and 35's
Solid Axle Front End

BeerBaron666
06-13-2005, 01:50 PM
See it must be Daryl, everytime he's out he welding somebodies junk back together[16]

-------------------------------
Anger management pisses me off!!
-----------------------
Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/beerbaron666/200516181821_Banner-Bogger-350.jpg
8.24spudKB

u-can-2
06-13-2005, 01:56 PM
He jinxed himself from the get go. Just as we hit the gravel he says, "I aint welding shit today!" and takes a long pull of his beer [16]

[1d]

NickB
06-13-2005, 02:41 PM
[1c][1c]Hey guy's had sooooo much fun.So did my family.Met lots of new people and enjoyed everything.MY ONLY complaint is when someone breaks down I think its great everyone helps but if its under control don't freakin block the road and prevent everyone else from carrying on.Other than that [1c][1c]

8inch

imported_n/a
06-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey, I enjoyed the run, meet some cool people and hope to see you guys out on the trails again. Thanks for a fun day........

Dave

87 Samurai Tin Top, spooled rear, 5 inch shackles

Hyenuf
06-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Came up late.... Phansie had to work....... Still had a blast up there just hangin with everyone.

Hopefully next time!!!

:D

black442
06-13-2005, 06:22 PM
I had a blast, finally put some faces to names. made it to the top, but couldn't stay to long(wish we could have). I took tons of pics. I think the run went great, A big thank you to everyone involved in planning it and making it happen. we'll difinately be at the next one!!!!

thanks again: colby and rhonda

P.S. I got 109 pics. e-mailed them to a few people but no one put them up yet(I'm no computer guru) I can e-mail them to who ever can post them. thanks again

81 chev 3/4 ton on 35's. going bigger soon

cherokeeinprogess
06-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Well i am finaly able to post some comments .

It was a bigger turn out then i thought thx to everyone who came out[cheers]

some things i think worked well was the unmanned stations but next time each station will have different colored ribbons --

The appies for food was great worked out well grill was full when i finaly showed up [redneck]

Things that need improving "THE START" better stagging and set start times .... also the dealing out of the cards will be different --

1990 Cherokee lifted on 33 12.5's ~~ fully locked

STranger
06-14-2005, 02:55 PM
and more beer

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

if you put 20 grand into a 30 grand buildup,you dont have a $20,000 rig-you're just $10,000 short of having anything.

Mickey
06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Had a great day ..met lots of fun people. Will definatly come out again.

Now realize our Jeep is "stock" we have a 4 and half rubicon suspensionlift,a 3 inch body lift, 33 inch pro comps, 410 gears, and a rear locker. That's NOTHING compared to some of those machines they were amazing.

We should have ran stock class ( or drank more beer) but were not aware of the trails , so next time pictures and trail ratings would be good. I also like the idea of staggering the start times.

If Jay ever gets his dana 60 in his chevy he will bring it and be tree bashen...make our own trail (ha ha)

Hope to see you guys again,
:)

Mickey