PDA

View Full Version : mines around kamloops???

kamloopsyota
06-05-2005, 08:16 PM
does anyone know of any cool old mines to explore around kamloops, maybe like an hours drive away or around there?????

REDNECK-WELDING
06-06-2005, 07:50 AM
theres afften mines going out to cherry creek, i think they just fired up again with in the last month or so. theres a few little pits up jamisen too

72 GMC 3/4 TON ON 38.5 BOGGERS,SHORTBOX STEPSIDE 8INCH LIFT, WITH CAM INTAKE HEADERS, 3INCH EXAUST. CADILLAC ELECTRIC SEATS
91GMC DIESEL 5.5INCHS ON 35'S , STRIEGHT PIPE

kootenaycat
06-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Try this link. If you haven't used it before, give it some time because once you have the hang of it, it's very useful! I've used it to find directions/info on just about every mine in my area.

http://webmap.em.gov.bc.ca/mapplace/minpot/ex_assist.cfm

The table on the left is a list of options, first click on cities, then zoom into the general area you want to see (do this by clicking on the magnifying glass icon above the map, then click on the map, or hold left button while dragging to zoom quickly). Then click on communities to give you a general location of the area, then click on river/lakes and roads to get a good map view. Next go under section "Mineral Inventroy Layers" and click on "Minfile Status". This will show all mines past or present. To look at information about each mine, just double click an individual mine (first click on the arrow icon above the map) and a new window will open. You will be blown away at the amount of material that came from some mines! For example, the Reno mine near Salmo had 169,425 ounces of gold taken from there! Which, in today's market would be worth over $71,000,000!!!

kamloopsyota
06-06-2005, 07:37 PM
awesome, thanks a lot thats cool.

kamloopsyota
06-06-2005, 07:51 PM
hmmm, how do i tell which ones i can walk into the hill or whatyever?

kootenaycat
06-07-2005, 03:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by kamloopsyota

hmmm, how do i tell which ones i can walk into the hill or whatyever?
If there's a horizontal hole in the ground, you can walk in![15]

But seriously, sometimes the info from that link for a particular mine will say if there are adits (horizontal hole), but the info may not be up to date. So, the only way to tell, is to check out the mines in person.

highwaystar
06-07-2005, 03:09 PM
thats a cool map thx

-------------------------

Rippin through your city like the General Lee

kamloopsyota
06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
awesome, found like 8 shafts i wanna go explore, guess it would be easier to use gps then follow that map