PDA

View Full Version : Brake hoses for 4 " XJ lift

Dieseljeep
05-30-2005, 11:34 AM
I am looking for NEW brake hoses for an 85 Cherokee with a 4 inch lift ,Lordco doesnt have any listings other than stock.The dealership is another waste of time. Any ideas on what will fit??
A p/n would be great then I can get the parts guy to look it up and order it.

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.
Water cover75% of the Earth -Jeeps cover the rest!

Fuzzydog
05-30-2005, 11:38 AM
researching brake hoses for my 90 cherokee - I have found that a wrangler rear hose will fit and is longer.
HTH

"Your balls, once swallowed, cannot be reattached.....I'm just saying"

Dieseljeep
05-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks that is a great help for the rear next on list need the fronts too.

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.

Fuzzydog
06-03-2005, 06:12 AM
did anyone ever give you info on the fronts?
I've just made some brackets to lower the mounting point of the hardline for my fronts for now, but would really like to get some longer ones too....

Also, is your turbo diesel factory or what have you got in there? I thought diesel cherokees weren't ever sold in north america?

"Your balls, once swallowed, cannot be reattached.....I'm just saying"

Dieseljeep
06-08-2005, 01:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fuzzydog

did anyone ever give you info on the fronts?
I've just made some brackets to lower the mounting point of the hardline for my fronts for now, but would really like to get some longer ones too....

Also, is your turbo diesel factory or what have you got in there? I thought diesel cherokees weren't ever sold in north america?

My Parts guy(James) at Fortins here in Chilliwack said that YJ lines both Front And Rear will work just fin you have to do a small mod to the hardline portion that banjo bolts to the caliper.The ebrake cables will also work for larger lifts in XJ`S .

My Cherokee is a factory Renault Diesel 2.1 litre they were a rare option here in Canada I have seen about a dozen or so of these over the years,including a Comanchee.I have done some mods to mine for a little extra kick.Parts are easy to find as they are all Bosch,the stealership has some as well.

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.