PDA

View Full Version : little fort and wells grey park

Dr. B
05-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, my wife, son and I went up to Postill on Saturday. After seeing how ,any people were there, my wife decided that maybe it was a bit much for her and our son. So we decided to go visit with her grandparents up in Little Fort, which is an hour north of kamloops. We got there about 6:00 pm on saturday. I got drunk with her grandpa and uncle. Her grandpa passed out on a chair, so the best thing I could do was to take a picture. Anyway, the next day we decdied to try and drive up to the Baldy mountain lookout, which is an old fire watchtower. That sits at about 7800 feet. The road goes right to it. If you can call it a road. Well, due to deep snow, we got to about 7000 feet before having to start hiking. To make a long story short. We did not make it because the snow was way to deep, I was underdressed, it was snowing, and it was just a tough day. We did find several old mine entrances, most were small and cave-like. I picked up some old core samples. Later we did more drinking. WEll the next day(monday), we decided to go up into Wells Grey Park. We got some pictures of some bears on the side of the road. Got some pictures of Helmcken Falls, Baily's chute, both of which were very impressive. I got pictures of the entire weekend and will post them shortly. I definately need to get some of you to come up with me and try this baldy lookout road. Its pretty awesome. I nearly flipped the old expedition trying to go down a nasty hill. Anyway, I will get the pics on here. Sorry again for missing all of you at Postill, but family calls.

bakelite
05-24-2005, 02:55 AM
Hey Doc B, I seen your rig at Postil, tryed to holler you down but you looked like you were on a mission..[c]..sorry we missed you, next time man.[36]

Jroc
05-24-2005, 01:53 PM
we were lookin for ya on monday , we had a blast, theirs still mud up their we might head up nextweek for a rip

I could drive what you drive , but i hate walkin!

Got Bronco?