PDA

View Full Version : Help Tranny issues

epic3
05-10-2005, 05:48 PM
What do I do guys I,ve got a new problem with the old Scout the lug nut problems are fixed and no longer loosen off and the engine is tuned up and runs great it's even good on gas 1/8 th of a tank to Squeemish from NV but now the tranny is slipping and the worst of the problem is my May long camping trip is just around the corner I wont make the Coquihalla with my tent trailer the way it slips. I've changed the fluid and used the recommended dexron I've tightened the low gear reverse band adjuster a bit(low gear doesn't slip)the only band adjustment that I'm aware of now is the forward kickdown band which I have yet to tighten does anyone know if this will help or is there anyother cheats I can do to get going again right now I just can't afford to rebuild this tranny and I don't have any extra cash to buy a good used one SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
Phil

T.O.
05-10-2005, 06:15 PM
I can pull your tent trailer up there if ya want.
Just Pm me and let me know.

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/toddler/2005316234130_pssst.gif "I'm not here to be helpful"

epic3
05-10-2005, 06:36 PM
How you gonna pull my tent trailer all the way from Denmark lol you plannin on doin the Paska lake trip that'd be awsome I'll let you know if nothin pans out

epic3
05-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Will any Dodge trannies bolt in I've heard of 727's being used

wade and cleatus
05-11-2005, 07:48 AM
Thats what i think youve got in there now, as long as it'll bolt up to your bell housing i cant see any problem.

~A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush~

epic3
05-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Well this set of International truck service manuals that came with the truck are proving to be worth their wieght in gold I'm still unsure exactly what tranny it is there is two that it could be but the manual told me exactly how to adjust the bands and now it all seems to be working well the drive to sqeemish in the morning will make it or break it now I can put it in drive and do just that. Thanks for all the help and I'll keep ya'll posted.
Phil