05-09-2005, 03:27 PM
just wondering if anyones runnin them, or has any comments about them

save the trees -- wipe your ass with an owl

Broncoo
05-09-2005, 03:31 PM
well you already know what i think of em

trying to get where i want to be

for sale:
3 ford np203-205 doubler adapters $450each OBO!!!

Squishy
05-09-2005, 04:02 PM
rich(u-can) ran them on sue before she got a makeover, now hes running them on the front.

i like more flex, but there are better ways of going about this. i would think the shackles would make the truck a wee bit unstable in corners(wade had a problem with that, them opening when rally racing the streets i believe)

think of it this way, your coming down a really steep hill, you spike the brakes, the shackles open up and you endo and fuck everything, is it worth a little bit more flex? i dont think so. invest in some good tires and lockers and you will be way ahead

IT'S A BUNCH OF TREE-HUGGING GIPPIE CRAP!

mista fitz
05-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I've got some home-made revolver jobbies.. that seem to do the trick.. they don't twist like the 'real' revolvers..

I haven't noticed my shackles opening up under hard breaking, maybe because the weight distribution is a quite a bit different in my cj5, than in a pickup. I'm pretty happy with 'em.. they stretch out nice.. and don't bother me on the road. (most 4x4's aren't exactly 'rally' machines anyways, especially any of the crawlers)

kris' advice is on the right track though as well, what good is the flex... if you don't have a locker to put some power to that wheel.

Big_Ern
05-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I've got them in the back of my new truck. Won't have it done to test 'em out for a month or two though...

***The REAL Hairy White Ass Returns!***

Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

New Rig: '80 Toy "4Runner" soon to be on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]

wade and cleatus
05-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Im pullin mine apart soon, im gonna use half of them just like a regular shackle. I have to replace the bushings anyhow, and it'll give me a bit more lift. I worry about them opening up with the camper on the back, sometimes flex isnt a good thing!

~A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush~