PDA

View Full Version : motor and tranny

Legend
05-04-2005, 11:38 AM
ok so ive got the 400m and c6 out of my dads old 2 wheel drive and would like to put it in my 89 bronco and i want to be able to mate it to my bw 1356 with out major modifications - is it just a tail shaft and out put shaft change and is there one that will fit to that t case??

ITS A GREAT COMBO AT ANY PRICE!!!!

STranger
05-04-2005, 11:52 AM
if you have a 4wd tailshaft and tail housing they can be put into that trans,or just get a 4wd trans.they are pretty common.

are you getting close to letting the stripped hulk go?

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

if you put 20 grand into a 30 grand buildup,you dont have a $20,000 rig-you're just $10,000 short of having anything.

Legend
05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
ok so if i change out the tail shaft and housing is the transfer case position ok or does it have to move forward or back and about the motor do i need the frame mounts from the old truck to

were almost done you can prob get it in a few days but i need to take the wheels off but my parents dont want it draged across the driveway with out them so if you wanna tow it then i can take the wheels off at your shop that would be great because they have allr eady been promised to someone and i need to get the windshield out [cheers]

STranger
05-04-2005, 12:19 PM
positions on everything will be fine as long as you use a '80-up tailshaft.the earlier ones are longer.

and no problem with getting the tires from here.

if you put 20 grand into a 30 grand buildup,you dont have a $20,000 rig-you're just $10,000 short of having anything.

Legend
05-04-2005, 12:20 PM
also is the computer just for the feul system and are all teh gauges hooked up tradtionaly or do they go threw the computer im guessing the cruise is threw the computer but i dont care about that i jsut want my power windows and locks to still work and be able to hook up my gauges [cheers]

STranger
05-04-2005, 12:56 PM
computer just runs the motor.

Legend
05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
well its settled then im taking out the bagged 302 and aod and putting in the fresh 400 and c6 bye bye feul injection and over drive and cruise control hello more power and simplicity and no more leaking oil [36][36][36]

Legend
05-05-2005, 11:07 AM
well i found a 4 speed from a 77 ford with the clutch, flywheel, bellhousing, and all the linkage for a married set up that will fit my M - my question is will it fit my bw 1356 and will i have to set up the linkage for the clutch or would it be easyer to run a cable or hydraulic????