PDA

View Full Version : custom bumpers? you have any pictures

REDNECK-WELDING
04-26-2005, 06:17 PM
im going to be making a some tube bumpers for my 72gmc and i was woundering if anyone has any pictures of any that will hold a winch? just woundering what you guys have thanks
pete

72 GMC 3/4 TON ON 35 MTR'S SHORTBOX STEPSIDE 6INCH LIFT, WITH CAM INTAKE HEADERS, 3INCH EXAUST. CADILLAC ELECTRIC SEATS
91GMC DIESEL 5.5INCHS ON 35'S , STREIGHT PIPE

pumpkin
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't now how to repost pics,but check out Sexy Bumper on page 4 of custom fab. Thats a 12000 lb winch that you can not see when its on the truck.

Honky
04-26-2005, 07:35 PM
here is link to the pics

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7953

--------
HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin

pumpkin
04-26-2005, 08:49 PM
THANKS!

REDNECK-WELDING
04-26-2005, 09:14 PM
thanks that looks good. that is kinda the idea im going for but im using tubing. where did you get those fender flairs or what are they off of? i cant find anything but the cut outs for my 72. did you make one for the back?? thanks

72 GMC 3/4 TON ON 35 MTR'S SHORTBOX STEPSIDE 6INCH LIFT, WITH CAM INTAKE HEADERS, 3INCH EXAUST. CADILLAC ELECTRIC SEATS

pumpkin
04-26-2005, 09:55 PM
UMMMMM ohhh thats garden edging. I put that on for temporary cause I got hastled by the cops.It was cheaper than the $10. I would have had to pay for the sticker for the MVI I asked him to give me. By the way I think that used to be my buddies truck.Does ithave an awsome heavy duty wood floor in the box.

REDNECK-WELDING
04-27-2005, 08:57 AM
i dont know if its heavy duty or not. i havent seen a other truck like mine so i dont have anything to compair it too. what was your buddys name and how long ago did he have it. cause i have had the truck for 4yrs now and it looked a little different when i got it. it could have been though. where is he from? besides all that, i have a question for you. im running a 6inch susp and im going to be putting in a 3inch body lift. do you think i will have enough clearence for my 38.5x15x16r boggers? how much lift you running on yours? i would like to know cause i need to order my shocks before the end of the month and i dont know if i have to go higher with the susp or not. thank
pete

pumpkin
04-27-2005, 08:06 PM
His name Is Chad and he lived in Maple Ridge when he sold it.I've got a 4" lift and running 35" Mud TA's. Personaly I'm dead set against body lifts and would just buck up for suspension.

HEAVY METAL
04-27-2005, 08:19 PM
[iagree]

-----------------------

JESUS DID IT FOR THE CHICKS

REDNECK-WELDING
04-27-2005, 09:27 PM
hmm i dont think thats the same guy. what kinda work did he do? as for the body lift i really dont want to do it. how much more susp do you think i will need? and would you just get all new springs or could i get them re-arked with add-a-leafs, or a reverse shackel in the rear and drop brackets in the front with a little longer drop shackel?? i was having a hard time getting a bigger lift than my 6inch for the 72 and i dont want to cut, thats why i just thought a body lift would be easier. its a 2inch not a 3 sorry about that.

72 GMC 3/4 TON ON 38.5 BOGGERS,SHORTBOX STEPSIDE 6INCH LIFT, WITH CAM INTAKE HEADERS, 3INCH EXAUST. CADILLAC ELECTRIC SEATS
91GMC DIESEL 5.5INCHS ON 35'S , STRIEGHT PIPE

REDNECK-WELDING
05-05-2005, 10:34 PM
ok i got a winch bumper(sweet score found it by a dumpster) and im just going to use the center section and make my tube bumper off of that i will let you know how it goes

72 GMC 3/4 TON ON 38.5 BOGGERS,SHORTBOX STEPSIDE 6INCH LIFT, WITH CAM INTAKE HEADERS, 3INCH EXAUST. CADILLAC ELECTRIC SEATS

Lucas
05-07-2005, 01:46 PM
runin 38's on my 69 .4" shackle reversal rear with 2" blocks and 64" springs out of a 95 chevy 1/2 ton- 3 leafs plus overload wich I arched up 3 inchs.

rear leafs saged a bit probably 2 " so ballbark I have a 7" lift in the back It rubs slightly under full flex
front I have 56" springs approx 6" my spring hangers dropped an inch and I have extra cut down leaf in front for leveling purpose.

I dont think you will fit 38's on a 6" add the 2" body if you have too
Do NOT arch your leafs they will sag and usually not evenly. pita!!!

jeeper
05-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey Lucas !

Are you the same Lucas that met us up Norish creek last weekend riding a quad with your gf on the back and ezb along with you? !

Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool

REDNECK-WELDING
05-08-2005, 09:06 PM
thanks lucas. i kow i wont be able to fix them with just the 6 inch, thats wy i have to get a body lift. i might add a leaf but not going to ark. like i said the bodys in way too good of shape to be cutting it so i either have to get bigger springs or just add the body lift. so for now its just going to be that. got a call from the tire gods and they will be here wed. counting the days

72 GMC 3/4 TON ON 38.5 BOGGERS,SHORTBOX STEPSIDE 8INCH LIFT, WITH CAM INTAKE HEADERS, 3INCH EXAUST. CADILLAC ELECTRIC SEATS

m j
05-09-2005, 04:19 AM
there is nothing wrong with a bodylift other then it takes a ton of work to do nicely
your CG will be lower with a bodylift then the same lift in suspension