PDA

View Full Version : standard to auto transmission

Larry
04-20-2005, 04:02 PM
i drive a 92 chevy 1500 4x4 with a 350 and a 4 speed tranny with low gear. I hate the stick shift for in the mud, i would like your opinion and some hints in doing the swap. what all will i need to change in order to make it work?

I might be short but I drive a big truck!

toyotaly
04-20-2005, 05:04 PM
As long as the tranny isnt gonna have a computer then it shouldnt be to hard I would recomend just going to a wreking yard and getting the hole auto deal all the way up to the shifter Shouldnt be all that hard of an instal after ou take out all the standard components

This coming from an 18year old of course[36]

LIFT IT, CAUSE FAT CHICKS CANT JUMP

Larry
04-30-2005, 04:52 PM
ill probably do it eventually i have so many things i want to do to that truck anyways! sooner or later ill do some projects! but unfortunately ill never be finished, thanks for your input!

I might be short but I drive a big truck!

t_and_a6
05-02-2005, 10:55 AM
I did the reverse swap auto to stick, It wasn't hard just time consuming and you'll need to get a new steering column unless you went to a floor shifter. But this was in a 82 chev

------------------------
My dad can beat up your dad!

t_and_a6
05-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I did the reverse swap auto to stick, It wasn't hard just time consuming and you'll need to get a new steering column unless you went to a floor shifter. But this was in a 82 chev

------------------------
My dad can beat up your dad!