PDA

View Full Version : Got the quote today

Toyrantula
04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Took the Toyota head in the other day. Thought I may have gotten lucky and no damage.

Turns out a very slight bend in one of the intake valves.

So they are going to replace all the valves. The pricing of valves is wierd.

I think it went like exhaust comes to 90$ for all 4 and its just under $40 for all intake valves. Doing a valve grind. Asked them to replace the guides,so we will see if they do it or not. I figure we are in there, why not get them done.

Maginfluxed the head, that was perfect, no warp or anything.Good news.

And include a headgasket and stem seal is just a smidgen under $600 with tax in.

Wonder how much its gonna hurt for the bottom end?

Anyone have an idea on replacing all bottom end bearings, hone and new rings? Maybe have to do a first overbore. Find that out when it goes in I guess.

I`m hung like Einstein
and smart as a horse.

crimsen
04-07-2005, 06:17 PM
well that aint to bad, could be alot worse!!!! hopefully everything works out as good with the bottom end.

------------------------
79 F150 custom
l/s dana 44 under 4" BDS coils
welded 9" under 4" arched leafs.
4.56 gears
35x16 tsl boggers
351 m with edelbrock performer 400 intake and edelbrock 600 carb
on board air
np 205 T case
np 435 tranny

For Off Road Driving

78bronco
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
600$$ is cheap my heads when all said and done will be around a 1000$$ and thats doing all the work my self

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A BIGBLOCK

Broncoo
04-07-2005, 07:58 PM
78 bronco why not just go aluminum shouldn't be too much if you have a common engine (lordco has sb ford al heams with valves springs and guides for $650 right now

trying to get where i want to be

for sale:
3 ford np203-205 doubler adapters

sj-x 500
04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
toy, how many miles on the engine?

a bore/hone job isn't really nessary unless it's hootin blue, you can replace the bearings without droppin teh crank, it's a viable option if you just have some sloppiness in teh bottom end

Zuk's on Ice.

Toyrantula
04-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Just hit 260,000K on it.

Trying to think of what I have had to do.

Lower B joints once
Idler arm atleast 7 times,
Alternator 4 times,
rad and starter once,
Second time around on a new timing chain setup,3rd set of tires,
1 exhaust system due again (fawking trees).

All those miles have ben pretty hard. We bought it back in early 95 with 25 or 28,000K on it. Totally bone stock.

Once the motor is all done, if there is enough I want to finda toy 8" diff and get the 5.29 put in, talk to Slacker about making a set of glass fenders with a 4" flare, put in a new clutch. maybe a header.

Its all gonna come down to bucks now.

Oh yeah, and get the subwoofer box all built and get some competitions under my belt this year.

I`m hung like Einstein
and smart as a horse.