PDA

View Full Version : 98TJ sport fuel problem? I think?

Dill the Thrill
04-04-2005, 12:15 PM
ok i have this problem.
when driving on the Highway in my Jeep TJ sport i get about 20 - 30 miles on the road and my jeep sounds like its running out of gas, it's sputters the RPM's go down it's got no power and when i step on the gas is hesitates on accelleration and its starts to jerk when i give it gas?. it wont let me go over the speeds of 100kmhr or it starts do sputter. it sounds like im running out of gas but i have a full tank. then i have to pull over on the side of the road, turn off the Jeep let it sit for 5mins and its good for another 20-30miles. i have put in all those fule injecter and carb cleaner stuff in it, even that gas cleaner stuff. It seems to run better when the Jeep has been sitting for a few hrs or on a full tank of gas?CAN ANYONE HELP!

just because i slept with ya last night, Does not mean i will take you for a ride in my Jeep today.

Silly girls...Jeeps are for Boys

muky
04-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Before everyone starts telling you to get rid of your jeep , I would start with the fuel pump. I had that same problem with my old truck untill one day it just wouldnt start. Couldnt figure out for the life of me what the problem was. After some un-needed , and heavy duty mechanical work , I replaced the fuel pump and she ran like a dream. I would check that first. I dont know if there is a way to check it , but maybe the Chrysler dealership or Jeep Thrills might be able to tell ya.

I was so poor growing up ... if I wasn't a boy ...I'd have nothing to play with.

STranger
04-04-2005, 12:31 PM
that or the fuel pump relay.they can heat up and shut down too.

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

Halo
04-04-2005, 03:27 PM
mine's not quite that bad yet but i have feeling it's getting there. what with the never starting until the third try and all...

war is not to find out who is right.
war is to find out who is left.

mini
04-04-2005, 07:07 PM
just burn it it is only a jeep[redneck]

hub x1
intermediate shaft x1
head gaket blown x1

Always broke
04-05-2005, 07:01 AM
Before you replace the fuel pump change the fuel filter if the problem still persists get someone to run the codes on the computer it might be something else entirely could be a plugged cat ya just never know before you start throwing money at it run the codes on the computer[36][cheers]

If I Agreed with You Then we'd Both be Wrong
http://www.csi.lwh-ca.com/avatars/2yy4u_b.jpg