PDA

View Full Version : suspension lift info .......

imported_n/a
04-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Need some info on puttin a six inch suspension lift in my 92 chevy shortbox Z 71 . Not sure whether to go for the straight axle then lift it or just lift it as it is . Would like to hear the pros and cons of both setups . Also cost difference and who to go to that does quality work in or near the lower mainland. Any advice would be greatly appeciated .

4x4 adventurer

Tsunami
04-03-2005, 06:29 PM
I would say go with the sas more wheel travel and tougher set up, did it on mine and i've been out with a couple of guys with ifs and they were constantly breaking parts where i was driving out and driving to work the next day.The ifs has a nicer ride but just not as strong.I don't know of who is good at doing this as i did mine myself but i would talk to Heavy Metal i believe he works at a shop that does this sort of thing.Hope that helps Good Luck[cheers]

Can't talk now the squirrels are watching

Hyenuf
04-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Straight Axle Swap is the only to go if you can swing it. The lift is cheaper and overall it's a much simpler system. You Know the old saying....K.I.S.S..... Keep it simple stupid:D.

I would seriously look at both costs but if you talk to STranger or Heavy Metal on this site.. They can give you a pretty good Idea opf cost. I've seen STranger's work first hand and it is really clean. I've seen pics of HM's work and again... very good lookin stuff. This is the place to be for Fabrication, fornication, and alchohoism:D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it's TTB.... trust me, it's broke!

PARDON ME IF I OFFEND THOSE OF YOU WITHTHIN SKIN THAT SEEM TO LIKE TO DISH IT OUT! CRY ME A RIVER!!!