PDA

View Full Version : CJ-6 Project Jeep

redneckangel
04-03-2005, 10:31 AM
So, I became a Jeep fan years and years ago, and fell in love with the CJ-6's. Maybe because the rarer the truck, the more I want one. [aahh] So after a 3 year search I found one, brought it back to Langley, and now, I don't know what to do with it.

It definatly needs work before I can even drive it. I'm thinking of turning it into a pavement princess, just because of how rare this thing is.

But the desire to wheel is there. Lift, maybe some Krawlers on there... I dunno... nothing too big, maybe just 6" lift and some 35" Krawlers.... just enough to be able to climb a few hills and splash in the mud... ;)

My parents told me I could become anything I wanted..... So I became a lesbian.

bakelite
04-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Are you really a lesbian?

redneckangel
04-03-2005, 10:46 AM
[:p] lol, yup [49]

bakelite
04-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Cool, my sister is too.[49]

Hyenuf
04-03-2005, 10:54 AM
wrong forumyou two...:D

Get a room:D:D:D:D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it's TTB.... trust me, it's broke!

Lord, grant me the patience to swap in my 460!!

Toyquad
04-03-2005, 10:58 AM
dont know if your interested, but if i was a girl i would make a great lesbien.[49]

bakelite
04-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah right, a room and a lesbian, I better bring a book to read. [c]

redneckangel
04-03-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm here to get advice on my Jeep... not my sex life... [smack] I've got a different forum I'm a member of for that.

bakelite
04-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Sorry, I was just curious. Got a picture of your jeep?

godzuka
04-03-2005, 10:37 PM
got a pic of yourself?

Definition of survival of the fittest:
If beer kills brain cells it should only be killing the dumbest and slowest of them, therefore making me smarter with each beer.

bakelite
04-04-2005, 04:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by godzuka

got a pic of yourself?

If beer kills brain cells it should only be killing the dumbest and slowest of them, therefore making me smarter with each beer.

[15][15][15]

redneckangel
04-04-2005, 06:06 AM
Pic of Jeep.... not one that I can post... unless the 35mm kind taped to my lap top counts...

Pic of me... that's a different story.

Pics of Jeep will be going up soon once I get back into Langley and have my new Cam with me... my digi cam is the best thing I ever bought [36]

The Jeep is in some serious hurting condition right now. I need new windows and tires to start out with, some work on the electrical to get my wipers working, replacing the wipers is a good idea too... I've got a 5 speed for it (it still has the original 3) but need to do all the work to get that in and a new transfer case, etc etc. All this is just to get it legal to drive... and I'm sure I'm leaving some out.

So when I post pics, remember, she's a work in progress... hopefully more work this summer.

jeeper
04-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Good luck with the jeep !

You sure dont see many cj6's around !

lizard
04-04-2005, 02:23 PM
yah know if you worked naked there would be about 30 guys an probley a few woman here that would come over and have that all done in a weekend.

78bronco
04-04-2005, 06:08 PM
[stupid]

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A BIGBLOCK

FrogDog
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Im a lesbian on weekends and a slut on weekdays hehe. as far as the jeep goes.. 6" and 35's would be maxs for stock diffs .. the rest, hey dont really matter, replace or mod to suit, i say...

------------------------------------------------------
I know, who the fuck asked me anyay ..

Cookie
04-04-2005, 06:19 PM
[iagree][36] there would be no shortage of help then!

***whats wrong with to much beer????***

Princess
04-04-2005, 06:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by redneckangel

I'm here to get advice on my Jeep... not my sex life... [smack] I've got a different forum I'm a member of for that.

wow, lighten up..... if you didn't want the attention you would have a sig line like that

http://members.shaw.ca/tcbulmer/smilies/jeepcj5.gif I have gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain....~Henry Rollins~

jeeper
04-04-2005, 08:42 PM
[stupid]

Now look what you made me do ! I had to agree with something Trina said !

Pudge
04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
I consider myself a professional lesbian, but that is besides the point.[cheers] j/k you r who u are, ya know...but anyways

I've owned a CJ6 before and can tell you a leaf over axle lift gave me more than enough height for 33" tires, probably could have gone for 35"s. Mine had a buick V6 in it apparantly stock???? The previous owner had swapped out the standard tranny and put in a TH350 and it cruised nice!!! highway and all, the thing rocked, although the condition sounds like it was similiar to yours, no roof, only bikini top, only half doors, no back seat, only the passenger side heater worked, leaked oil worse that Exon Valdez. But I loved it...nothing like cruising down the freeway @ 70MPH with the front window down. Can't say how it was offroad, never kept it long enough:( If I ever meet u at a funinbc get together let me know in advance and I'll bring pics (got no scanner for old schools pics to post)
[36] good luck can't wait to see pics I love those. I think I'll prolly get razzed, but... I think they are one of the nicer Jeeps ever made.[36][cheers]

Paul

MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM

82 CHEV-OTA STEPSIDE LIFTED ON 35'S

bakelite
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
awesome, was wondering what a CJ6 looked like.. http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/cj-6.htm...so I looked and I used to own one, a 74 or 75 with the 304 in it...was a nice rig, had tons of fun in it.[8D]

I like pigs.

redneckangel
04-05-2005, 10:33 AM
How is it, now matter where I go, if I say something sarcastic, someone ALWAYS takes it the wrong way... no offence was meant, and I certainly wasn't wanting to come off as cranky or anything...

And the "work on it naked" idea is an interesting one... possibly when the weather warms up... lol...

I'll officially by living in Langley end of this month, and I plan on getting out to a few events... been browsing the pics and they sure as heck make me homesick. V6Toy, I'd love advice from someone who has been there. I've been the passenger/bystander many a times, but this is my first rig (unless you count wheeling army trucks). As I've stated many a times, I'm a newbie, I admit to it, I came for advice from those less newbie than me :D

Pudge
04-06-2005, 11:05 AM
V6Toy, I'd love advice from someone who has been there. I've been the passenger/bystander many a times, but this is my first rig (unless you count wheeling army trucks). As I've stated many a times, I'm a newbie, I admit to it, I came for advice from those less newbie than me

[c] All I can do to help, I'm in. But......I'm a newbie too. I just happen to have owned just about one of everything, lol. Jack of all trades master of none, RIGHT HERE!![c] If you are headin' to the hills let me know and I'll bring some pics of the old CJ, or any questions..fire away.
[cheers] cheers mate

ps 4X4 NAKED[36][36][36][36]PARTY ON!!!!![L]

MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM

82 CHEV-OTA STEPSIDE LIFTED ON 35'S

FrogDog
04-06-2005, 03:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Princess

wow, lighten up..... if you didn't want the attention you would have a sig line like that

http://members.shaw.ca/tcbulmer/smilies/jeepcj5.gif I have gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain....~Henry Rollins~

Wow, Princess, Girlfriend, you should try some Carpet Munchin', it may lightin you up...[smack]

[The chance to do unto someone whom did upon me..~FrogDogs-SunGod~]..[8D]..

jeeper
04-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Princess munches whenever she can :)

I know a fair bit of stuff about cj's in general .Cjmike (my brother)Knows a fair bit more ! So theres no shortage of info if you need it !

Strip mining prevents forest fires.

surreysinner
04-06-2005, 07:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by FrogDog

Wow, Princess, Girlfriend, you should try some Carpet Munchin', it may lightin you up...[smack]

[The chance to do unto someone whom did upon me..~FrogDogs-SunGod~]..[8D]..

A good old fashion mud wrestling at stave should solve this. Winner takes all(off).[49]

Cookie
04-06-2005, 09:54 PM
[iagree]

***whats wrong with to much beer????***

redneckangel
04-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Well, the Jeep got towed to Kamloops to my parents farm where it is getting stripped and worked on... Sadly I couldn't keep it in Langley, but once it's fixed it will be back. Since my dad is the one pulling it apart that when I'm finished exams I can put it back together, there will be no naked mechanics on this Jeep... because I'm not doing that with my father [:0]

But I'm always up for a good mud wrestling bout... :D

godzuka
04-12-2005, 08:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by jeeper

Princess munches she can :)

I know a fair bit of stuff about cj's in general .Cjmike (my brother)Knows a fair bit more ! So theres no shortage of info if you need it !

fixed it.[49]

jeeper
04-12-2005, 09:53 AM
I want to be there to see that Daryl !

godzuka
04-12-2005, 10:28 AM
no, your not allowed.

redneckangel
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Here's a pic of me pressure washing the green buildup on my Heep... I mean Jeep....

Everything on it is still original, and I'm in the process of pulling everything apart. It's got the original Buick V-6 "Dauntless" (tee hee hee) engine, as well as a 3 speed tranny. I've got a 5 speed for it, as well as axles from a 77 CJ-7 I can put in there if I want to (although I have a feeling I'm going to want bigger/better than that). I know I'm going to want to put stronger suspension in there as it's the super old school style.

I've never built up a truck before, and need this one as a daily driver (too poor to operate 2 vehicles) as well as my wheeling toy, so I don't want it to go too big. So- who suggests what for axle's? What type of things will I need to do to get the 5 speed tranny in there and working properly? Suggestions for beefing up my suspension? I'm su clueless on this thing, but so in love with her, I'd love some specific advice and suggestions on it. [cheers] Thanks guys!

If you want, I've got pics of the engine, suspension, and all that jazz too. Yay for finally seeing my Jeep in person!!!! (been in storage in a different province than I'm living in).

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/redneckangel/2005413165156_P41000882.JPG
89.34spudKB

wade and cleatus
04-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Cool jeep! Finally one thats not like the otheres[^]

~A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush~

u-can-2
04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
[wako]You don't look like a dyke [?]

*** I used to be sexist........... But bitches hate that shit [:0] ***
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/HWA/2004923204537_jeepbeat.gif

bakelite
04-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Cool jeep....I'd probably just put some 30's or 31's on it and keep it as stock as I could. Those are getting pretty rare.:D

Joe

redneckangel
04-13-2005, 12:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by u-can-2

Ummmmm.... what exactly is a dyke supposed to look like? [f]

I start the real work in 2 weeks when I get back to BC... Dad plans on having the thing in pieces for me when i get there, although I'm trying to remind him that this is my Jeep and I want to be there helping and learning.

I was thinking of going with about 6" lift and 35's for tires. Got a buddy with a Yota that size, and it seems pretty good on and off road. Especially since my Jeep is about the same size wheelbase and everything as a Yota pick up.

I got this Jeep because it's unlike all the others... now I'm noticing how "rare" can equal "headache" for finding parts and the age old question- mod and wheel, or restore? Ah well. Thanks for the input, keep those suggestions coming!

u-can-2
04-13-2005, 01:28 PM

quote:Originally posted by u-can-2

Ummmmm.... what exactly is a dyke supposed to look like? [f]

Did you hear Ellen Degeneris (sp?) was foud face down in Ricki Lake[?]

*** I used to be sexist........... But bitches hate that shit [:0] ***
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/HWA/2004923204537_jeepbeat.gif

ShortStack
04-18-2005, 04:52 PM

I thought it was just me but apparently its all new females that get the attitude. I'm gonna agree with the guys, that didn't take offence, and say Princess 'lighten up' ;) [:X]

Nice CJ!! ahhhhh projects are fun aren't they :)

~Jaime~
77 K5 - Big, black, ugly and all mine :)

jeeper
04-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey Redneck

All the jeep stuff other then a few bits and pieces wil work on you truck !

You have to loose the hard top tho and go probably a custum top unfortunatly !

What I like about my jeep is top of and windows down ! Nothings more fun then that !

redneckangel
04-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Once the thing runs properly and is road worthy I will be getting a soft top made for it... actually thinking of a bikini top too.. and yeah... will have to get it custom made due to the length of the truck [16] yet another added expense. Ah well. I've already got a set of soft doors... apparently the buddy whose house I had it stored at for a few years decided to grab some CJ-5 soft doors for it, even though he has a CJ-7 [31] Works out well for me, free set of doors in that horrible tacky brown that Jeeps had for a while.

Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. When I get some work done, I will be posting pics as the project goes along to get advice and comments.