PDA

View Full Version : Holey Fawk

Rider
03-30-2005, 04:28 PM
[16][16][16]

Can someone please post a picture of what sparkplugs look like after they have been ruined with coolant [16][16][16]

I'm lookin at some pretty white and grimy sparkplugs... and this is after a timing chain cover gasket and intake manifold gasket.. go 4.2L FORD engines go [16][16][16]

Thanks, I can't seem to find a photo on google.. maybe it was the long day maybe it was the beer [31][31][31]

Rider

Pegleg
03-30-2005, 04:39 PM
i got a bic you can bowwrow

-------------------------RIDGE LOWBED SERVICE,big ho's,little ho's,we do em all

F150HULK
03-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Time for a 460 eh?

Serve's ya right for taking it to a Ford dealership.

Is it hooped??

she's a bitch, but I can get in her.

Rider
03-30-2005, 04:49 PM
No its not time for a 460 A 310 or whatever though.. 5L V8 is lookin pretty hot right about now.

Before I panic I want to see a pic. Then I will know what I am looking at .. someones gotta have one

I luv you guys [h]

Rider

HEAVY METAL
03-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I luv you guys [h]

Rider
[/quote]

no u dont!

-----------------------

JESUS DID IT FOR THE CHICKS

Nasty1
03-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Usually they would look kinda like u described - white
I think that u got screwed (and not in a good way):(
If they just did all that work, they should have changed the plugs

Behind every great man there's a woman ... rolling her eyes!

HEAVY METAL
03-30-2005, 05:45 PM
[iagree] .... with a woman.......[wtf]

-----------------------

JESUS DID IT FOR THE CHICKS

fishhead
03-30-2005, 05:52 PM
must be sick

<*)}}}>{

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers
I need atleast two per side

Hyenuf
03-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Check this page out

http://www.spark-plugs.co.uk/pages/technical/diagnosis.htm

MAYBE YOU'LL SEE ONE YOU RECOGNISE:D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it's TTB.... trust me, it's broke!

Lord, grant me the patience to swap in my 460!!

Chilliwack
03-30-2005, 08:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hyenuf

Check this page out

http://www.butt-plugs.co.uk/pages/technical/diagnosis.htm

MAYBE YOU'LL SEE ONE YOU RECOGNISE:D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it's TTB.... trust me, it's broke!

Lord, grant me the patience to swap in my 460!!

fixed it:D

Even if I don't have anything polite, intelligent, or even remotely on-topic to contribute, I try to post anyways.

Princess
03-30-2005, 08:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by F150HULK

Serve's ya right for taking it to a Ford dealership.

TOLD YA SO......

http://members.shaw.ca/tcbulmer/smilies/jeepcj5.gif I have gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain....~Henry Rollins~

Big_Ern
03-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Generaly with a blown head gasket the plugs will be really clean since the coolant gets in a basically steam cleans them. You'll also notice white steam coming from your exhaust (way more than the normal bit that come out when the truck is cold) These were the sings with the 3.0L toyota engine anyway.

In all you're posts you seem to be quick to jump to the worst possible situation without any real evidence. So I think you should try and find a good mechanic (not the dealer) who specializes in Fords to give you a proper diagnosis.

Me like Hot Tubs [49][49]

***The REAL Hairy White Ass Returns!***

'89 4Runner w/ 31" Racing Slicks

Sambuca id Da Debil!!

dickrick
03-31-2005, 04:18 AM
Most Haynes manuals have a pic of plugs that are worn out in different ways. hope it helps.[cheers]

Rider
03-31-2005, 05:06 AM
I hear where your coming from Big Ern but the reason I'm paranoid is because something has been wrong for MONTHS now and something is still wrong,. after three trips back to the dealer its still losing coolant. Its not like I dream it all up...

Mark the coolant level with lipliner each time before I fill it. Its taking 500ml of coolant a week (reasonable driving) and its going somewhere.

Presumably its not the timing chain cover or intake manifold. Those were done. So whats left?

I'm putting new plugs in today. If they are burnt to shit after tooling around for a few days this truck is going straight back to FORD. If they say its the head gasket, its going to get ugly fast. At that point I would have been ahead of the game to change out the engine at the first gasket failure. Looks like I get to run the gauntlet though [16]

Ohhh well, if you guys don't see me around ever you know why $$$$

Thanks for the tips ppl but this engine has been fucked since I bought it. Surprised it went 20k for me.

Ohhhh yea FORD for sale .02 cents or best offer

Rider

ez_b
03-31-2005, 08:41 AM
those 4.2's are bad for that. we've done a couple here. the 4.6's and 5.4's seem to be ok tho

ass......the other vagina

Rider
03-31-2005, 10:57 AM
Ez B wanna do another one? drop a V8 Triton in there or something similar? :D How much am I looking at?

Rider

Rebulon Refurbulater
04-11-2005, 06:14 PM
hey:
Could be a head gasket.
Remove your plugs....get a cooling system pressure tester....pump it to the rating of your cap....maybe 12 psi?.... leave over night.
Have someone turn the engine over....look to see which cyl. the coolant shoots out of!... or do you smell coolant in the cab or when you exit the vehicle? The pressure tester should help you discover any other leak like.....heater core or?.... Good luck!

Wheelin', Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!

OldEnuff
04-16-2005, 07:25 PM
When you shut your engine off after running it to operating temperature the cooling system presssure spikes for a while until it cools a bit.
A slight leak in your rad that does not leak while running will seep a bit of fluid each time you shut down.
Easily use 500 ml a week.
Check both the inside and outside of your rad for any discolouration and signs of seepage.
I have had a few rads that have done this.
The same thing could happen around gaskets etc.
It would only leak when shut down and stop leaking when the system cooled.
Any coolant that got into the combustion chamber(s) or crank would just blow out as the engine warmed up and you may not even notice it because it would be hidden by the water vapour that always is formed as the engine heats to operating temp.

hope this helps

__________________________________________________ ________

'85 Bronco with 4" Suspension Lift
300 I6 T18A NP208 D44 SAS 9" Detroit 4.11's 35X12.5 Kumho MT's
'87 Bronco
302 EFI on Propane otherwise stock.

F150HULK
04-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Its a ford ! Get used to it !

Postil Or Bust!