PDA

View Full Version : Sunday March 20/05 - Sandtrap

EIEIO
03-23-2005, 08:40 PM
http://www.bczukis.com/SundayMarch20/

Right click Save As on movies.

Raw files, no editing has been done to the files. Editing will be done this weekend.

56k warning.

85 SJ413 Chopped & Decked, Locked & Loaded!

www.bczukis.com

EIEIO
03-23-2005, 08:48 PM
We arrived at Chevron in Mission just after 9:00am PST, 1 Jeep, 2 Samurais strong. Shortly after we arrived at the FSR trail head and met up with a Bronco 2 and a Cherokee to air down. With the rain in complete down pour status we gazed apon a waterfall, literally. With the heavy overnight rains and the run off crashing over the boulders, we knew we were in for an intresting time yet fun filled time.

I was the first contestant on "Who Wants to Break an Axle?" So I went up the right side with the foot to the floor and managed to get enough momentum to jump me up over the first obstacle at the top of the "Sandtrap." I continued on and got to the same spot that I managed to get myself hung on the last time I attempted this run. A Cherokee locked front and rear with 4.11's took a much tougher line up the waterfall. In the process his huge gum boot managed to hit the accelerator instead of the brake and did the "hop, hop, snap." One trail built rig with a snapped Dana 44 right-rear axle has been claimed. The Bronco 2 decided to attempt the same line as the Cherokee and managed to get to the same spot and just spin out due to extremely slippery surfaces. He backed off and took the same line as I took and got up to the same spot. Rob B decided to give it a go in his army green locked up Samurai and spun out in the sinky sand that has proved to be a nuissance. His truck was bouncing around so hard I thought he was about to flop off to the left. Carb problems proved to be an issue when being on such a steep incline.

Both the Bronco 2 and I made it to the staircase where it seemed to get insanely difficult. With the thoughts of sharp British Columbia mountain shale piercing through our rubber we both agreed to back off and let the trail take the victory on this rainy day.

When its dry Sandtrap! When its dry!!! Your time will come!

www.bczukis.com

STranger
03-24-2005, 03:25 AM
looks like a fun trail...cant wait to try it out.

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

hornythrony
03-24-2005, 08:40 AM
sweet:D that jeep has a pretty bald spare and your fire is
upside down hehe

its a fullsize thing! jeep owners just wont understand:P

EIEIO
03-24-2005, 09:34 AM
I need to still edit it all. I had the girlfriend log into the server and upload my pictures from the house. Didnt wanna teach her how to resize and edit pictures over it as well [:p]

The trail is challenging, you need to have a fairly small truck or you take damage to get through that one section, or you could attempt the waterfall.

www.bczukis.com

Hyenuf
03-24-2005, 10:05 AM
The fire's not upside down..... that's a Austrailian camp fire:D

Awesome pics.... Nice waterfall you guys are attempting there!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it's TTB.... trust me, it's broke!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO ARTICULATE

PHANSIE----->http://dungpow.com/smilies/010.gif<----- HYENUF Yes Dear!!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Hyenuf/bronc3.jpg

ez_b
03-24-2005, 03:50 PM
wish i could have been there

ass......the other vagina

Pegleg
03-24-2005, 03:56 PM
nice fire!!!!!!

clean burnin fire eh

-------------------------RIDGE LOWBED SERVICE,big ho's,little ho's,we do em all

cjMike
03-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Cant wait to try it out myself![cheers]

WE SHALL FIGHT IN THE HILLS , WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER! WINSTON CHURCHILL

78bronco
03-24-2005, 05:38 PM
cool pics like to try it in a fullsize

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A BIGBLOCK

dano93gmc
03-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Good pics and video. I'd definately like to attempt that trail, looks like a challenge!

1993 GMC Sierra Half Ton
6" ProComp, 35" BFG MTs
305 5.0L, 5 Speed
Delta Flow 40 Series Flowmaster
3.73s And Locked Up In The Rear

THIS IS LIKE WHERE GOD WOULD GO IF HE HAD TO STOP DOING BLOW

EIEIO
03-25-2005, 11:54 AM
I dont think you could do it in a fullsize. You could get up to a point then only a smaller built truck can make it. The staircase is EXTREMELY difficult.

www.bczukis.com

Squishy
03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
man, i wish i made it, but now NOTHING is stopping me, ive got my fan in, stereo going, all she needs is new diff fluid, and shes ready to rock!

Shenanigans!