PDA

View Full Version : Hydro steering

alldismantled
03-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone is running a homebrew full hydro steering setup? I have heard of people running used parts off of John deere combines. Anyone done this, or anything like it. My truck isnt a dd so road issues dont matter all that much, but $$$$ does. Anyone know where to get used parts? or have any input?

Jeff

DanB
03-15-2005, 06:48 PM
my buddy got his stuff from sean stapley (station (from pirate4x4)

i think he paid 750 for all of the stuff minus the hoses and the ram itself.. hes going to get the ram from princess auto

alldismantled
03-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Ya, Ive read about stations stuff. I have also read the hydro steering section by billavista on pirate. I am just looking for a budget way to do it.

crazy j
03-16-2005, 05:12 AM
i dont havr full hydraylic steering, just assist. i built it with a 1 1/2" bore cylinder and hoses from princess auto. its tapped into the existing fluid ports in the steering box.
sound like youre look for fulll hydro though. ive seen several pieces of larger turf equipment use the double ended cylinder youre probably looking for. theyre pretty pricey, so id look at a repair shop to find a used one. if i remember, princes sells the orbital valve you need to hook up to the steering wheel.

ill try being nicer if you try being smarter