PDA

View Full Version : jeep flexing to much?

Broncoo
03-13-2005, 03:01 PM
well my buddys yj up till a couple weeks ago flexed like shit (maybe a foot) with the swaybar discod

now this past weekend it's flexing ALOT more and i can't find anything wrong with it (almost 3ft of flex) he managed to bend the lips on both front fenders almost flat with compression
the jeep is stock suspension wise and runs 30" tires

i checked

trac bars
body mounts
shocks
shock mounts
leaf springs for bends or brakes
spring hangers

am i missing anything?

i think something is wrong cause jeeps are not supposed perform like this

btw this is a legit post

trying to get where i want to be

for sale:
3 ford np203-205 doubler adapters

brandonf250
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
this might sound dumb but are the shackles still attatched,because 3feet is a lot for even a modified vehicle?

Cookie
03-13-2005, 04:40 PM
3 feet my ass,did he crack a leaf or somtin ?cause that is alot and if its true your right theres somtin goin on there.how does it sit ie:sagging on one side or the back or front?

***NOTHING***

boyzen
03-13-2005, 04:59 PM
is the frame ok

money costs too much!!!

jeeper
03-13-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree with boyzen ----check the frame -theres got to be something wrong there !

Do you have access to a ramp? thats the easiest way to see whats going on !

If you are from the lower mainland see if Tom (stranger) can set up his ramp for you !That way you can actually see whats going on

There are three ways to get something done:
1) Do it yourself.
2) Pay somebody to do it.
3) Forbid your kids to do it.

cjMike
03-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Its a jeep thing you just wouldnt understand![f]

I HURT MYSELF TODAY , TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL

Hyenuf
03-14-2005, 10:00 AM
For god's sake...... don't tell tom...... He'll have to either jump it or out flex it[f]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it's TTB.... trust me, it's broke!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO ARTICULATE

PHANSIE----->http://dungpow.com/smilies/010.gif<----- HYENUF Yes Dear!!

Broncoo
03-14-2005, 03:39 PM
frame is okay other than rock gouges
yes the shakles are still there and bolted on tight
and yeah i'm not shitting you tire was up to my mid thigh(30-36") with all four still touchin pulled it in the garage on sunday night

one of the front bumpstops is missing but i can't see that adding that much flex

still handles fine on the highway (seems a little rougher tho)

for sale:

sj-x 500
03-14-2005, 04:44 PM
considering my zuk with an spoa has been parked on top of a 35 before.. it doesn't really sound that outrageous, coils or leafs? if it's leafs, i'd say the leafs are just breaking in finally

Zuk's on Ice.

Broncoo
03-14-2005, 05:52 PM
i think you may be right and yeah it's a yj so it has leafs it will eventually get a lift possibly coils in the front aswell

the front fenders are screwed luckily when he lifts it he's gonna make some tube fenders for it

for sale:

mUD uCKeR
03-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey broncoo,
I have wagoneer leafs on my YJ, with SOA, and i get about 30"- 36" of wheel travel... we picked the front tire up about 33" before the rear tire started to lift.... so it's possible they are just that way.... Lots of guys use old YJ leafs for SOA lifts because they will flex.

87 YJ, 2.5" BL, SOA Dana 44's front and back, 8274 warn, 36" TSLs, 350 SBC/SM465/NP205, no lockers, and beat to shit, and my daily driver to boot.

Broncoo
03-15-2005, 02:16 PM
i think the leafs have finally broken in is all

meh not my jeep

for sale: