PDA

View Full Version : Lift

Legend
03-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Hey i have a buddy who just bought himself a 91 jeep, he wants to lift it maybe a spring over and a body lift, i was wondering if there was anything special we will need to do the spring over, i dont know seeing as i am not a jeep guy [36][36] but i am going to help him as he is not very mechaniclly inclined:D

Bannana Bread and a Trophy

cjMike
03-07-2005, 11:25 AM
A spring over will give him the most bang for the buck but the steering is an issue. He will either have to build an s link or go a hi steer system! Tell him to talk to Tom at TLE and get a quote![cheers]
I HURT MYSELF TODAY , TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL

STranger
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
jeep springover is $1500 including shocks and everything.

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

Legend
03-07-2005, 03:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by STranger

jeep springover is $1500 including shocks and everything.

is that with a hi steer set up? could you make just a s link or what ever cjmike is talkin about?

FrogDog
03-07-2005, 11:51 PM
You should think hard and wise before doing a spring over.. although u didnt mention what type of jeep most of the major problems will still arrise.. theres way more to it than just a hi steer kit and a bit of labour (thats a good start).. making a S-link is not wise. do some more homework and think about how you want the jeep to perform like first before you decide to go that route.(that goes for any lift) one imortant thing i will mention though that pops up in spring over conversions is spring wrap.. springs that articulate well (soft and flat) you will need to make sure theres good control on this issue. this will decreass the probubility of breaking Ujoints, yokes or driveshafts. my 2 cents

I know who the fuck asked me anyay...[21]
------------------------------------------------------
"I'm goin' Last", cause nobody's tellin' me to get off.

Honky
03-08-2005, 03:59 AM
Great post! All of the Boyz at Jeep thrills in Maple Ridge don't like spring over. Give them a call for some advise

--------
HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin

Zukiís are to Jeeps what Crack is to pure Cocaine!

phatmatt
03-08-2005, 05:39 AM
Spring under is gay! Do a spring over and get all of you suspension away from the ground. As for the small problems that arise from a spring over they can all be dealt with reasonably. Why do you think that spring over suzukis work so much better than spring under jeeps? Well for one they are suzukis and two it just lends it self to off road use better.

STranger
03-08-2005, 05:42 AM
besides,it's a cheap way to get 5.5" of lift and we all know how cheap 4x4 guys are.

phatmatt
03-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Oh yeah i meant to say that too. Thanks!

mista fitz
03-08-2005, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by phatmatt

Why do you think that spring over suzukis work so much better than spring under jeeps?

[stoned]

STranger
03-08-2005, 07:26 AM
sounds like the making of a challenge.

Hyenuf
03-08-2005, 07:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by STranger

besides,it's a cheap way to get 5.5" of lift and we all know how cheap 4x4 guys are.

The term is Financially impaired.....[f]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it's TTB.... trust me, it's broke!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO ARTICULATE

PHANSIE----->http://dungpow.com/smilies/010.gif<----- HYENUF Yes Dear!!

Honky
03-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Klye I would listen to frogdog and do your home work first. Talk to Jeep Thrills and get another opinion.

As far a Zukiís go no matter what you do they still ďlook like a ZukiĒ something to look at and shake your head and wonder why.

You also could make a hotrod out of a Pacer but at the end of the day you still look like a retard driving one.

Zukiís are for kids. When they grow up they can drive a Jeep.

There that should get the kids going. [f][9]

--------
HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin

Zukiís are to Jeeps what Crack is to pure Cocaine!

STranger
03-08-2005, 08:56 AM
[1e]

STranger
03-08-2005, 08:57 AM
------jeep,because it's all about how you look------

mista fitz
03-08-2005, 08:57 AM
... not to mention the advice is coming from FORD guys.

'nuff said. [f]

Hyenuf
03-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Nothing really wrong with 'zuks....

As long as you have no self asteem

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/1/sign70.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy45.gifhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy28.gif

Says the guy with half a truck in the driveway http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/1/sad49.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sad/1/sad28.gif

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it's TTB.... trust me, it's broke!
WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO ARTICULATE

PHANSIE----->http://dungpow.com/smilies/010.gif<----- HYENUF Yes Dear!!

FrogDog
03-08-2005, 01:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by phatmatt

Spring under is gay! Do a spring over and get all of you suspension away from the ground. As for the small problems that arise from a spring over they can all be dealt with reasonably. Why do you think that spring over suzukis work so much better than spring under jeeps? Well for one they are suzukis and two it just lends it self to off road use better.

LOL. You can call my jeep gay all you want putz. And your comments donít make sense. "Get all suspension away from ground" purpose being?? (we are talking about leaf springs here) "Small problems that arise be dealt with reasonably", Guess if you want a reasonable job. That's like saying you need a penis pump and add 5"s, but going to sacrifice strength and girth. Not to impressive when you break down. (Note: I said "when" not "if" you break down).

Doing any conversions of any type is ok, but you convert one item and there's 5 other items to take into consideration. I only mentioned one in my original thread. (Although I don't think you know what that is). Reguardless if you do them all is redundant as long as you try and understand them. My point was to help the bro with his question and to learn about some of the ramifications that arise with his issue. Not to compare other types of vehicles that do this or that, or suggest some back yard hack 4x4 EZ way shit conversion.

In final, I think your a good candiate for my "PEOPLE I KNOW THAT VOTE" list, posted in Jokes. :D

No offence bro. hehe
--------------------

I know, who the fuck asked me anyay .. [21]

FD

Legend
03-09-2005, 07:20 PM
wow what have i started lol i was chekin for my buddy and i will let him now what i have learned, its suprising how riled up a few jeep guys can get when you get them started [f][f] [36]

imported_n/a
03-29-2005, 03:54 PM
If you're seriously interested in a SOA for your jeep, I'm selling the front and rear YJ axles, already sprung over with leafs, 4.10 gears, a rear detroit locker, and brakes. This would make your project that much easier and cheaper. I'm selling everything for $600.

Kyle Buhler

Buck Master
04-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Do you have to extent your drive shafts and brake lines??

bakelite
04-01-2005, 08:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Buck Master

Do you have to extract your drive shafts and brake lines??

I would, right away too...[c]

Buck Master
04-01-2005, 01:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Buhler

If you're seriously interested in a SOA for your jeep, I'm selling the front and rear YJ axles, already sprung over with leafs, 4.10 gears, a rear detroit locker, and brakes. This would make your project that much easier and cheaper. I'm selling everything for $600.

Kyle Buhler

I am interested in your axles but would like to find out what else I need to complete the lift. You have obviuosly done it. Would you mind answering the following:
Do drive shafts and brake lines need to be extending?
Will a 4 inch drop pitman arm work to fix the steering problem?
What else will be required besides shocks?
Thanks,

imported_n/a
04-01-2005, 07:59 PM
When mine was done the drive shafts and brake lines remained stock, no changes were made. I'm sure the 4 inch pitman arm will be fine, but like i said for the most part i used stock parts. I added an extra spring pack in the rear to prevent axle wrap. The tranny had to be lowered to decrease the drive shaft angles, otherwise you will need CV drive shafts. If you have any more questions ask.

P.S. I am new to this site and could someone tell me how to check for messages or mail? Thanks.

Kyle Buhler

Rebulon Refurbulater
05-01-2005, 06:39 PM
I had great luck with skyjacker softride springs good greasable shackles.....3 inch body lift....350 chev...t-18...model 20......dana 44.....dana 30.... 410's....arb's.....glass tub....36 swampers....electric fan....etc...and that was 18 years ago.....steering box brace.... dropped pitman arm....seemed pretty solid at thew time....77 cj5

Wheelin', Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!