PDA

View Full Version : ArmaGuard-BedLiner

FrogDog
02-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey all, Just got my interior done with armaguard and wanted to share the experince for anyone who has plans to do so in future. I am totally happy with the price, job, service to where it was done. so if anyone needs to see it upclose or has any ?'s please feel free to contact me and ill be abliged, NP.

excuse the pics if not to clear, im not the best at resizing for this mb size.

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/frogdog/200525202743_2005-02-05 - ArmaGuard-Interior-01s.jpg
89.55KB

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/frogdog/200525203040_2005-02-05 - ArmaGuard-Interior-02s.jpg
89.98KB

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/frogdog/200525203152_2005-02-05 - ArmaGuard-Interior-03s.jpg
89.08KB

------------------------------------------------------
"I'm goin' Last", cause nobody's tellin' me to get off.

FrogDog
02-05-2005, 03:37 PM
shit prest wrong button and wasnt finished, more pics

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/frogdog/200525203446_2005-02-05 - ArmaGuard-Interior-07s.jpg
89.92KB

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/frogdog/200525203511_2005-02-05 - ArmaGuard-Interior-08s.jpg
86.34KB

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/frogdog/200525203616_2005-02-05 - ArmaGuard-Interior-11s.jpg
89.65KB

I went up and over edges cause ill never have a hard top or full soft top on this jeep because of the custom spare tire rack i had built..

Cheers
FD

mista fitz
02-07-2005, 01:13 PM
looks great! [8D]

I've got to do mine, the stuff the last guy used is starting to wear through.. . also I'm gonna continue right over the entire tub (yes,outside)- I've got cracks, holes and whatnot that would just be better off covered ('tis getting worse over the winter) and we all know theres no sense repairing a cj5 tub.. just replacing. anyways, thoughts? jeep is black anyways, thought it'll look alright.

frogdog, I know you sold your hippo-liner kits... it worked out better for you to have it done with armorguard? why ? is it longer lasting or, warrantied, or ;) have a friend that hooks you up with a good deal? :)

Big_Ern
02-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Looks really good -- that a clean lookin rig you got there.[cheers]

When's it gonna be time to take it out and scratch 'er up? :D

Me like Hot Tubs [49][49]

***The REAL Hairy White Ass Returns!***

'89 4Runner w/ 31" Racing Slicks

Sambuca id Da Debil!!

FrogDog
02-07-2005, 03:30 PM
@ mista fitz - well the hippo liner prob would of turn out ok if i didnt think id fuck it up. it is a 2part simler to doing fibreglass gel, and i wanted to wrap the edges and have a good 1/8 to 3/16 thick coat, with all the corners and whatever inside the tub i figured this was a better way to go. also my roll cage and tire rack are in for sandblasting and powder coat and new shorty seats on the way time was a factor as well.. plus i also looked at the material aspect, armaguard is a more flexible product (Polyurethane)should not crack or chip and should wear better,it is sprayed on at a temperature of 170 degrees and sets pretty much instantly, it can also be a good coating for rock gaurds and such because of its compound, also it is warrentied, i guess for as long as the shop is around but im confident i made the correct choice and will be doing more and also on a couple of trailers im reconditioning.

hope this helps a bit
FD

FrogDog
02-07-2005, 03:41 PM
@ Big_Ern - LOL ya it is clean now, didnt u see me pulling some big fords out of the mud at stave, hehe, never again im doin to much muddin' but trust me on the mountains and rock crawling which im slowly building her up better for.

Id be lookin forward to doing some more of that soon with some new ppl with same interest and showin' me some tricks of the trade, im just a novice at this point.

FD

mista fitz
02-07-2005, 04:11 PM
thanks FD.

zookiguy
02-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Wow looks good. So where did you get it done and how much coin?

Honky
02-07-2005, 04:56 PM
that's what I'm going to do with the new tub. Looks really good!!!

--------
HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin

11 more days till utter stupidity

brandonf250
02-07-2005, 05:03 PM
how much did it cost?,where did you get it done and what thickness can it be sprayed in??

Jeep Junkie
02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
I used the Hippo Liner on the inside of my tub when I rebuilt my Jeep. FD is right, it's a two part mix, but is easily mixed (50/50). I also used a shutz gun @ 40psi which helped with putting it in nice and even. You can roll it on but you don't get as nice a job. I haven't noticed it coming off or chipping. It stays relativly soft and and provides a good none slip surface. It doesn't contain silica (like Gator Guard) which is why I chose it for the inside of the Jeep.

Here's a pic of the finished product. If anyone wants to see it up close send me a PM, I'll be happy to show you.

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/jeep junkie/200527231040_DSC00332-small.jpg
37.47KB

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/jeep junkie/20052723113_DSC00342-small.jpg
57.64KB

Three can keep a secret if two are dead.

FrogDog
02-07-2005, 07:56 PM
@ Jeep Junkie - Yes correct bro, Hippoliner is a good product as well, spraying that is the best way and u did a excellent job, nice when doing the tub alone especially, When i rip and custom replace that faggy stock yj dash out i will continue it like u have done. I didnt have a shop or tools anylonger niether so outside and poor weather was my other concern,

I've seen your ride upclose. very very sweet indeed.

FD

78f150
02-07-2005, 09:25 PM
frogdog is that the place that is done by Jeep Thrills?
How much did that cost.

http://www.funinbc.com/4x4/links/img/piss.gifhttp://www.funinbc.com/4x4/links/img/chevy3.gif

FrogDog
02-08-2005, 11:57 AM
@ 78f150 - Yes thats by JeepThrills, ArmaGuard - #203,11517 Kingston St. M.R.
the owners name is Trent Campbell and the phone# is 604.465.3307

I payed $450.CIF, done in one day and Industrial thinkness not standard.

Of course, will depend on sq ft., how much detail is needed (I went over
top edges) and how much they have to re & re parts, ie: seats, hinging,
roll bars, pedals, ect: (I had pretty much everything off and/or loosend
off prior)

If anyone should by chance call, get estimate or get a job done there.
Please mention my name "FrogDog". It could give me some cookies towards
my next project.

Thanx
FD

Jeepnut
02-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Looks Good[36]guess thats why I haven't seen you driving down the road lately.

I did my tub with Gator Guard.It cost me $20.00 for the shoots gun and $60.00 for the Gator Guard to do the hole tub. Brake fluid,gas and oils will not penetrate or gum the coating.but it can be a little brittle you can not bend or flex the surface very much before it cracks.

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/harry whiteass/2004325174524_stir.gif
Your Village Called Their Idiots Missing

FrogDog
02-08-2005, 02:50 PM
@ Jeepnut - LOL I drive everyday bro. rain, shine, snow, the first thing that came off that puppy was the rag top when i bought it and has only seen a bikini top since, oh one time i turned pussy in a heavy rain and installed a rear windjammer, i was running out of dry rags keeping the inside windshield dry, although i do like that feature.
============================================:D

Some insite on product.
Hippo liner and GaterGuard is produced by same company (Dominion Sure Seal) but different attributs.

GaterGuard is a Epoxy based product with a silica anti-slip material added. It is a bit more brittle but will give excellent weather protection where flex and impact is not an issue. Avalible in couple colors i think.

HippoLiner is a Urethane Based product with greater flexibility, softer and is a good impact resistant product. although i have seen this product buckle a bit and or gouge, it is good protection for the average rugged needs. usually only avalible in black i think.

Either SureSeal products is sold for homeowner application with tools (spray nozel) at extra cost (brush and roller are incluced) and both are considered a cold application and will take time to cure and dry depending on temperature. They are also avalible in a pro shop application.

ArmaGuard is a Polyurea and Polyurethane blend, it is medium flexibility,(between GatorGaurd and HippoLiner) very strong, great for high impact areas like rockguards, won't crack or buckle. avalible in smooth or rough texture, and is offered in a twostep, none fade color application to match pretty much anything.(black is onestep). It is applied hot (i think around 170 degrees) and dries in seconds. ArmaGuard is not typicly for home applications so cost will be higher but is the best of the best.

All in all it boils down to prepreation (most important), what is affordable, what is needed and how experienced u feel to do your own. All the products are good in there special way.

FD

Moondog
02-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Met frogdog today the finish on that armaguard is awesome!! the pics don't do it justice.
Thanks again for the beers Marshall i am enjoying them right now!! Dave.

Jeepster_Gurl
02-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey guys, i just bought a 1970sCj5 with a new 360 crate motor never been started with all dana drive on 33's and the body is all fiber glass aand would it be ok for the body if i got the fiber glass armaguarded?? im new with this kinda stuff so i dont know much about jeeps and fiber glass..

jeeper
02-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey Jeepster _gurl !

Fist of you need a name change ! Jeep made a jeepster -not sure of the years but youve got a real jeep !A cj5 !!!!!!!

Theres lots of help on the site and many very knoladgeable people here (and a few that can spell)

Id for sure get the tub coated -----Im sure the people that have used the stuff can reply with their experiance on the different brands ! The coating will help keep the road noise down and be a good base for your truck !

Oh -Welcome to the site ---bruce

There are three ways to get something done:
1) Do it yourself.
2) Pay somebody to do it.
3) Forbid your kids to do it.

Jeepster_Gurl
02-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Ok thanks Bruce. Well ok since you don t like the name what should i change it to?

Honky
02-17-2005, 11:57 AM
hey did you buy that out of the buy and sell?

I phoned him but it is the older model CJ5 and nothing is compatible with the newer models. Great price for his unfinished project.

--------

1 more days till utter stupidity

Honky
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
here is a link

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.off-road.com%2Fjeepster%2Fjeephist.htm

--------

1 more days till utter stupidity

Jeepster_Gurl
02-17-2005, 03:46 PM
YEah it was out of the buysell...

FrogDog
02-18-2005, 09:35 AM
@JeepsterGurl..

You can do Armaguard on fiberglass; the application will depend on the surface of the object (tub). If it is ruff or etched lets say there would be no problem, if the surface is a smooth finish (gel coat) surface it would need to be either etched or a primer coat applied first that bonds to fiberglass and has a etching type surface when cured to properly adhere.

I would assume Hippo Liner or Hippo Guard would need a same type of application because of its base compounds.

Another alternative would be doing a gel coat with fine crushed walnut-shell granulates where you would want non-slip applications. There again the surface should have a fine scuffed surface before an application.

FD

Jeepster_Gurl
02-18-2005, 06:33 PM
K frog dog the fiber is smooth so i can still do it but id have to ectch it or primer it with what exactly?? or does jeep thrills do it and for how much .casue i have togo there anyways to get my wireing harness thing properly done..

FrogDog
02-18-2005, 11:51 PM
@ JeepsterGurl.. Jeep Thrills cant do this scenario for you.. but the place to go is just accross the street to enquire and quote your best options:

ArmaGuard - #203,11517 Kingston St. M.R. the owners name is Trent Campbell and the phone# is 604.465.3307 Cel# 1.778.895.5575

Mention FrogDog in reference to Trent, he will know who I am.

FD

Jeepster_Gurl
02-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks FD

redneckriders
03-12-2005, 07:34 PM
[}:)]
Frog dog has a sweet ride it looks even better now
[36][36]

Jeepster_Gurl
03-28-2005, 06:50 PM
well i bet he does!