PDA

View Full Version : F150 needs head gasket work

Rider
01-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey all, just had the truck in at Cherry Ford for an estimate. They want 650-700 to replace the head gasket. Truck is leaking coolant. I searched around a bit and the part is 30bucks, four hours or so labor required. Anyone want to make some money? I buy the beer and will arrange the shop time. I would like to do it or as much of it myself. So you could yell at me or at least have a little helper.
Thanks much you guys and remember I provide beer [31][31][31] and good cash. I would rather see it go here than to Ford. hahaha Ford.

Rider

In The Zone
01-24-2005, 08:25 PM
thats a nasty job on the v6 nasty lots o stuff in the way lots o stuff to take off...
i would help but my hands are full
good luck

i would get a nother opionion first .. though..before u let em do it.

they be crooks they be....

Soon to be on a trail near U

Broncoo
01-24-2005, 08:44 PM
are they getting the head(s) ground?if not th en tell em to fawk off and go buy a set of redone head(s) and do it yourself or on a saturday with beer and friends

remaned heads are only about $300 (max)

i have no idea what to put here

caveman
01-25-2005, 07:41 AM
I use a guy here in penticton for head work he is very cheep but good work. he also will ship heads. he does sbc heads for 100 bucks ea.

brandonf250
01-25-2005, 08:27 AM
i just ripped a part my fuelinjected 5.8 and it was not bad,if you have the time,just do it your self and a buddy.

wade and cleatus
01-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Make sure you get the heads checked out, or replace them with rebuilt ones. I cant stand to see people do all that work and not even check the heads to make sure theyre not warped. There can also be hairline cracks that are practically invisible to the naked eye.

~Thrice and once the ditch pig whined.~

Rider
01-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Friend Chris and I worked on the truck this morning. Turns out its not the head gasket its the timing chain cover gasket [16] Back to Ford we went. Nother quote 1000.00bucks. A few tears and some cleavage. Bango down to 500bucks and should be ready by Friday. Still learned alot so maybe next time I can fix my own shit. [36]
Thanks for all the help though guys, YER GREAT! [d]

Rider

wade and cleatus
01-25-2005, 04:11 PM
The best way to fixin your own stuf is to start out small and build your confidance up. Once youve done that, and provided you can follow instructions (some people just cant) your pretty well good to go. Thats not to say you wont make mistakes, but as long as you learn from them its all good. Or do like dexter302 and practice on other peoples:D, then you know how to do yours right.

~Thrice and once the ditch pig whined.~