PDA

View Full Version : Steering stabilizer

Blasted
01-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Hey... just wondering if anyone knows about a local place that would sell a steering stabilizer for my Sidekick. Whippin down the highway at 110 in this wind is a little unsettling. Any help would be cool.

DOH... Need a tow.

DanB
01-08-2005, 07:45 PM
lordco

fruitcake
01-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Try Lordco

IF YOU HOLD THAT EXPRESSION LONG ENOUGH IT WILL BE PERMANENT

Blasted
01-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks.. will do

DOH... Need a tow.

wade and cleatus
01-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I dont think its gonna help with crosswinds if thats the problem.

~When i'm drunk i speak truth
Not english or french.~

Blasted
01-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Well.. wind, traffic, ruts in the road, this thing wanders like a 3 legged dog. Tried Lordco, Nada. Napa, Same thing. Called Calmini on Monday, they said it should be here by this monday. Im guessin sometime around Wed. Anything will be an improvement. If I can get my buddies camera I will post some pics of install.

DOH... Need a tow.

Burge
01-16-2005, 10:08 AM
my sammy did that before I put crossover in.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Blasted
01-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Well.. took the time this weekend to get the stabilizer fitted into the Kick. Its a pretty basic install for thoes that havent yet done one. Only took half hour or so (in total working time less the BS session) to get the job done. I was kinda hoping UPS would have bought me dinner or at least wispered in my ear a little before the brokerage fees.. DAMN. Total cost to my door was around $175 estimated, probably a little less depending on the dollar. Well worth the money in my opinion. Highway driving is so much nicer now, its not swerving all over my lane and is much easier to control. Passing trucks and rutted lanes are much better. Install was today so I havent had time to take it wheeling yet, maybe I will have some time this week. I dont have a program to downsize pics or else id post some. Only 2 problems doing the install. The directions came with no pictures, Not nessecary, but would have been nice. And due to some rocks and stumps my Suspension was a little bent up, and had to do some gentle coaxing to get the main support into place. Tough piece, well built, little pricey. A little mod anyone can do. Now i just have to save up the cash for the lift.

DOH... Need a tow.

82 yota
01-24-2005, 02:27 AM
it's a little mod that probably won't last longer that it's first wheelin trip cause it will get dented and bent like mine, then it's useless