PDA

View Full Version : bolting engine to tranny

brandonf250
01-08-2005, 04:08 PM
trying to put my motor back in to my truck and i am having trouble bolting my motor back up to my tranny. im not sure if it is because i left the tranny bolted to the crossmember or what.just wondering if anybody has any pointers to save me some time.

allwagon
01-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Easier to line up the tranny to the engine than the engine to the tranny.
Lossen tranny off the cross member, then bolt to engine and tighten tranny back down.(Make sure tranny mounts still in goodshape).

Just what I need, another wagon!

In The Zone
01-08-2005, 04:23 PM
ya what he said and support the bellhousing so as u can angle the tranny up and nest it on to the block mucheasier to work with gravity then against...

Soon to be on a trail near U

boyzen
01-08-2005, 04:38 PM
get a BFH and it will go.lol

...STUMP HUMPER...

boyzen
01-08-2005, 04:41 PM
no really is it auto or standard if its auto make sure the torque converter is right into the oil pump (this is extremly important).If it is standard make sure the clutch disk is centred perfect.

...STUMP HUMPER...

brandonf250
01-08-2005, 11:16 PM
it is an auto,ok cool i will give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens

redneck_justice
01-09-2005, 01:51 AM
brandon not sure if ya left the torque in the trany or not but make sure ya spin the torque into the tranny to set it with the pump. then put the engine in. leave the bell housing bolts a little loose till ya rebolt the torque to the fly wheel before ya tighten every thing up. u also may want to replace the front tranny seal at this time before u put it togeather before u find out the front tranny seal is hooped. if u have any questions call me on my toll free at 1 877 635 0022 24 hrs ask for phil.

listen up trespasser! if'n ya was ta say...cuss my truck...waste my beer...or jus plain try and make off wit dem 4x4 parts. then i will hunt ya down an you'll get yourself a taste ah sum good ole fashion redneck justice. terrace bc

brandonf250
01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
i left the torque converter on the tranny, but im not sure what u mean about setting the pump.the part i am having a problem with is getting the tranny bellhousing and the motor to line up, im considering pulling the tranny back and then putting the motor in.

In The Zone
01-10-2005, 05:51 PM
setting the pumpp sometimes the torque converter willwalk out of the input shaft it is notched turn the torque while pressin in the direction of the tranny u should feel it set in on the shaft...

Soon to be on a trail near U

brandonf250
01-10-2005, 06:02 PM
ok cool guys thanx alot i just got my motor and tranny bolted together tonight, hopefully have it running in the next couple of days,i want it ready for the spudspudspudspudspud run.

DanB
01-11-2005, 03:49 AM
where are pics?//?

brandonf250
01-11-2005, 05:26 PM
ive got a bunch of pics but i am pretty much usless with computers so i will bring the truck by toms for you dan.