PDA

View Full Version : Help Curious!!

Always broke
11-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Would appreciate Knowing if a mid 70 CJ transfer case will bolt up to 1 of those Jeep wagoneer transmissions with the Quadratrac because i want part time 4X4.[27]

If Ya don't Get Stuck Ya Aint Trying Hard enough!! Where's My Beer

allwagon
11-30-2004, 03:07 AM
I don't believe so. You can use a np205 out of a 1980-1984 cherokee or wagoneer.
However, the wagoneer transfer box has a 3 inch longer output shaft than the two door cherokee. I believe that the cj transfer is shorter than the cherokee which would require you to change the drivr shaft. Hope that helps......

Just what I need, another wagon!

Always broke
12-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Thanks the tranfer case that i am using now is out of a four door Wagoneer and the drive train is pretty long now but i'm having it stuffed into my 76 landcruiser it used to have that long six cylinder and he has moved the engine forward to compensate for the longer drive train is the np longer than that?[1b]

allwagon
12-01-2004, 01:14 PM
The NP out of the 4 door wagoneer is the longest one that jeep put out. Now, by exchanging the transfer box out of a cj in replace of a wagoneer 205, your drive shaft will have to be lengthened. Cheaper to get one shortened.
However, stuffing it into a landcruiser; could'nt tell ya........

Just what I need, another wagon!

Always broke
12-02-2004, 06:34 AM
Thanx Allwagon i don't mind lengthining the drive shafts at all it just meens i can put a crawl box in great!!! you just made my day thank you oh so much if your everup at stave and need a pull i'm the blue & white landcruiser[51][38][3]