PDA

View Full Version : ok! ok! i need one now too!

imported_n/a
11-12-2004, 07:18 PM
damm! ya know it would just figure, i go out for a lil scoot with my buddy in his new toy, it's a lil bazooki, bone stock with some sears trail masters on it, i think it is a mid 80's unit,

so anyways we do the huntin thang, stuck in every hole that i know my bronc has breezed through, but thats besides the point, i normaly hunt on a quad when it comes to remote areas like that,
but here we are bein all yappie with the sterio goin, heater on,and a refreshing beverage on the go,(don't ask)

we saw lots of game that we would have nailed if it where close to the end of the season, but hey we're not desperate, we're HUNTIN'

gee i don't have one of those! i gotta have one,
i have seen some pretty fncked up machines on this site, can you guys help me figure out what rig to get?
i'm thinkin a few k for a stocker, something with a decent body, running gear,

what kinda things should i be watching for?

any info will help me a bunch,thanx all!

after i locate one i will be callin on ya all for some build up tech stuff,

thanx again all

happy wheelin'

I am truely a CHEV MAN, just don't tell my FORD that,it's too close to payday

StinkFinger
11-12-2004, 07:28 PM
welcome to the dark side

jeep, because my wife made me
Quote of the week:
Dear diary jack pot gigity gigity(the family guy)
thats not food thats what food eats (red forman)

Blasted
11-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Another fun seeker.. Just look for the usual.. lots of rust, bagged frame. If money isnt really a problem, buy one thats Stock and decent, or buy one that someone already has lifted and such. The smaller zukes are cheap to build. Spring over, locker and tires your going places. If they dont have the power you like get a Tracker or Sidekick. Tons of them around, parts are plentyfull and cheap. They may not go where all the big boys go, but they will take you to other places they cant. If you can find an older one around 88 or so, look up Breeze industies. They have some good pics of stock and lifted. Good Canadian group with excellent products from what i hear. Good luck finding what your looking for.

DOH... Need a tow.

sj-x 500
11-12-2004, 08:35 PM
get a tracker, toss some yota axles under it and call it a day.

Zuk's on Ice.

imported_n/a
11-12-2004, 10:28 PM
really? what year of axles work for that swap?

what year of tracker? or does it matter?
i'm thinkin a locker in the azz for sure, with a soa deal, what else do i need to do,

thanx for the replies

STranger
11-13-2004, 04:59 AM
get a sammy(88 or so)put in a 1.6 tracker motor,spring over with the breeze stuff,5.13 gears,and 32" tires.this combo will get you anywhere you want to go,and stay together-plus by using the sammy instead of the tracker you can ditch the top and doors(windshield too)for those nice days when you want that wide open ride.

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

78f150
11-13-2004, 07:28 AM
They are the cats ass for hunting wee used one for years up at Pink Mountain when you couldn't hunt in the morning with a quad becasue the were uninsured.

http://www.funinbc.com/4x4/links/img/piss.gifhttp://www.funinbc.com/4x4/links/img/chevy3.gif
ROOSTERS DANCEhttp://www.planetsmilies.net/5564.gif

imported_n/a
11-13-2004, 04:51 PM
ok so i gotta kill my buddy to get his, ok, sounds easy,

is there a long wheel base and a short one in those years?

thanx for all the help, so now my buddy wants to know where to start with his, from payday to payday what should he be doing first? i already told him that it was a dud! and that he should maybe just ditch it before it breaks on him, i said that i might know someone that could use his for parts ;)

Guybc
11-13-2004, 05:28 PM
i had a 84 sj410. if u can't fab stuff get a 86 and up because u can buy bolt in engine swap kits, and other stuff, they don't make much for the 85 and down..

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."