PDA

View Full Version : towed out of stave

mista fitz
11-01-2004, 10:00 AM
...got towed out last night from stave (halloween) THANKS CHRIS! - couldn't get it started.. anyone offer any help? [?]

heres what I know: I drove up to stave, parked, moved the truck (fired right up) and had the stereo goin for a bit. then it wouldn't start (yes,battery was still strong and we even tried jumping it anyways)

I have new wiring front to back, alt, ignition module, solonoid, cap,rotor,wires.

it was running 100%! I don't get it, :( anyways - we've definately got gas, and theres power to the starter, it cranks, but no spark. (or very little off the coil wire)

I was thinking I may try a new coil? also a possibility that the ignition module is f**ked again? what should I try or test first?

any advice is much appreciated, and jeep-jokes will be scrolled past. [16]

HEAVY METAL
11-01-2004, 10:32 AM
hey mang, thats shitty to hear ya never got it started....wierd!! well at least ya got it home i geuss..bright spot?

BIG TIRES SAVE LIVES

mista fitz
11-01-2004, 10:44 AM
chris towed me to the firehall, I called Rogers Wireless auto roadside assistance, and they couldn't get me a tow truck, as maple ridge was busy, and mission didn't accept claims from them (I am going to write to rogers, this is the 3rd time I couldnt get any assistance with their STUPID F'N service!)

so I got another tow-rope tug to 272nd street and my sisters house, where is rests for the moment.

Honky
11-01-2004, 10:49 AM
sounds like the module to me. They are crap and when you replace it make sure you go for the more expensive one NOT the offshore crap

HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin
--------
"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

Pegleg
11-01-2004, 10:54 AM
no pro sean,it was fun passing people with you on the back

------------------------dont laugh ,my other ride is your mom!

Jeepnut
11-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Call Craig I believe that can be change to a chevy style distributer so you wont have that shitty Ford style ignition module.

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/harry whiteass/2004325174524_stir.gif
Your Village Called Their Idiots Missing

Vanilla Gorilla
11-01-2004, 11:50 AM
dump heeps fix your problem and buy a toyota[5]

86 toy

lizard
11-01-2004, 12:17 PM
check the coil first

mista fitz
11-01-2004, 12:44 PM
I replaced the module last week - but I'm not ruling it out. I will either opt for the better model (thanks HWA) - or first call craig and see if I can't get that thing out of there like john suggests...

lizard: the coil is a less expensive part to try first, is there any way to test it? I grounded the cable against the block and there was very little spark.. does that mean the ignition module is maybe doing its job then, and the coil is shot?

thanks for the feeback so far guys! [8D]

mista fitz
11-01-2004, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by pegleg

no pro sean,it was fun passing people with you on the back

that was great, heheheh, but I didn't have a choice in the matter did I ? we were an experienced tow team, could you tell I had been towed a couple times like that before?? ehehe

Pegleg
11-01-2004, 06:18 PM
ya u did great,the best team out there!!!

cjMike
11-01-2004, 06:18 PM
Buy an MSD with the box . No more worries [ unless you run out of battery power for it ] lol[21]

HEAVY METAL
11-01-2004, 06:31 PM
sorry sean had too..... drivin a jeep and used to getting towed out of the bush...hmmmmm....coincidence???????????????

BIG TIRES SAVE LIVES

boyzen
11-01-2004, 07:10 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Jeepnut

Call Craig I believe that can be change to a chevy style distributer so you wont have that shitty Ford style ignition module.

chev HEI modules blow more than anything I have ever seen..
It is a coil almost gaurenteed.

Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/boyzen/20049132203_ani6.gif
25.13spudKB

jeeper
11-01-2004, 07:19 PM
module

If you got spark but arent firing replace it yet again and by a second as a spasir to hang under the hood !

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

mista fitz
11-02-2004, 11:14 AM
$200 worth of ignition modules doesn't seem like a viable solution. . . I'm gonna let my truck marinate for the next week, screw it.

Honky
11-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Hey Sean I'll bring my Module into work for you to try. let me know what day works best.

HWA(Harry Whiteass), AKA Kevin
--------
"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

mista fitz
11-04-2004, 01:31 PM
hey kevin, thanks, I took a coil up to my sisters place, and my truck needed a jumpstart from running the lights and stereo all the way home on the tow - but its REALLY dead - i did get it to 'hiccup' a little bit, and sounded like it fired... but its all cold and the battery is just too dead.

I'm going on a little scuba diving vacation this weekend, so I'll just say 'f**k it' until I get back next week. thanks so much for offering your module though.. who knows - it may still come in useful!!

HEAVY METAL
11-04-2004, 08:33 PM
whe ya get back i can give ya a hand i dont live too far from your sista's house

BIG TIRES SAVE LIVES

Pegleg
11-04-2004, 08:43 PM
i can give you a ride from pitt if needed

pistnbroke
11-05-2004, 06:02 PM
sounds like a jeep thing.[f]

In The Zone
11-06-2004, 02:38 PM
U can check your coil check primary resitance values as well a ssecondary resistance values...

they ussually just dont go for no reason though... could be some bad wiring when it was reworked...

It is Parked and under construction....
Soon to be on a trail near U

Rider
11-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Can't you get it onto some sort of diagnostic scope to check the wiring? Maybe a short? Even a Fawking tiny lil mouse could get into the firewall and then its Fawked.. fawking packrats ohhh yeah fawking heeps too! [f]

Rider

Ditch your B!%$H.. lets go 4by4in'

Wasp
11-17-2004, 06:48 PM
i have a better idea,,,,do yourself a favor and take a longer vacation.......:D
if u feel left out, just go roll in the mud a couple times;)

1998 Tj super35kit/detroit
OnBoard Welder,

"http://www.killsometime.com/games/game.asp?Game=Orgasm-Girl"

pumpkin
11-17-2004, 06:55 PM
I can't remember who makes it, but there's a company that makes GM HEI for everything.......Just the first step to reliable 4Xing and becoming a chevy.

jeeper
11-17-2004, 06:56 PM
What about the pickup on the distibuter??????????????????

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

wade and cleatus
11-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah, easily overlooked, pickup and coil are actually supposed to be changed after a certain amount of usage.

-----------In real life, ambivalence abounds-----------