PDA

View Full Version : Dammit!! Stupid brakes!

EIEIO
10-20-2004, 04:04 AM
Driving to work tonight and all of a sudden we start pulling really hard to one side, i get out and look at the rotors, driver side is glowing red!! [13] SO now I have to drive back from Chilliwack to abby with a seized caliper, replace both calipers, rotors and one slave cylinders in the rear, bleed the brakes and install my diff breathers. Gotta try and get this all done in a couple hours at home before I need to get sleep. GOD DAMMIT, this sux, i hate having to do repairs on such a short notice.

Any tips when doing it, or are they like any other small import??

My rig is smaller than yours!!

Its pronounced EH - eye. EH as in Canadian EH, and eye as in "eye shot!!"

STranger
10-20-2004, 04:38 AM
ditch the brakes-they just slow you down

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

EIEIO
10-20-2004, 05:01 AM
Roger that.

[2b]

Its pronounced EH - eye. EH as in Canadian EH, and eye as in "eye shot!!"

StinkFinger
10-20-2004, 06:14 AM
Go toy difs

jeep, because my wife made me
Quote of the week:
Dear diary jack pot gigity gigity(the family guy)
thats not food thats what food eats (red forman)

t_and_a6
10-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Thats shitty man!!! Now you'll probably have tons of problems removing your tires from the rims cuz they're probably melted on. It happened on my DD after some good rally racing down Harison east. [36]

EIEIO
10-20-2004, 07:37 AM
ROFL!! Nothing a hammer wont get off [36]

Owen - Told yah, im more than likely gonna go dana's rather than toys. And I dont have much money either, so it wont be happening until I get my fab cert and start making some decent coin.

Going diesel power

Blasted
10-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Front brakes wont take long, roughly 25 min a side. 12mm 17mm and your set. Im not sure about the rear cause i havent replaced them yet. Worse comes to worse just do the front and leave the rear till you have some more time. Just find a pop bolt. theres a hole in the disks for a bolt. Find a bolt that fits and walla!! No hammer needed. I replaced the rotors and pads on my Kick for $130 so its not expensive either.

DOH... Need a tow.

EIEIO
10-20-2004, 08:50 AM
I dont think I will need to replace the rotors, I have felt both sides now and there is no warpage, when I take everything apart I will further make my decision and see if all the front brakes need to be replaced. And im gonna go with either Metal Master Axxis brake pads (semi metallic) or some Bendix Import Quiets.

Going diesel power

zukkin
10-20-2004, 03:30 PM
just did all mine on the weekend! got it all done and master cylinder
craped out[36]

EIEIO
10-20-2004, 04:59 PM
$136 for two calipers and pads. Not to bad.

Going diesel power

Pegleg
10-20-2004, 05:20 PM
cheap , DO IT, DO IT

------------------------go hard or go home

EIEIO
10-21-2004, 12:03 AM
already got the stuff. Managed to get the g/f's car for the evening so I could sleep a bit.

Going diesel power

Jeepnut
10-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Trade it for a golf cart...[8D]

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/harry whiteass/2004325174524_stir.gif
Your Village Called Their Idiots Missing

STranger
10-21-2004, 12:53 PM
he could still outdo your jeep

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

EIEIO
10-23-2004, 08:21 AM
DAMMIT!!! My worst dreams came true, went to do the brakes... wrong calipers, ordered for an 86 cause I was told they were 86 hubs. So I go to order 85 calipers and Lordco, TNT, and Premium dont have any, well premium has 1 and its in Winnipeg [13]

So now im calling Suzuki to see if they have any within driving distance. If they dont have any, doesnt look like I will be comming on Sunday. FUCKIN SJ413!!

Going diesel power