PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night at stave

Toyquad
10-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Hey just thought i'd share my adventures at stave last night. We were camped over at third beach.... the three red toyota's. anyways a fullsize green chev on 33's or 35's? got stuck trying to cross, for lack of a better word, ravine. needless to say he didnt get anywhere close to making it. A few trucks tried pulling him out with no succes. so here comes a big old ford on 38's to the resuce, Him not bein very bright or didnt see the ravine, drives right into it and he is stuck not more then 100 feet away. According to the driver of the ford... (all of his front tires were under mud) he isnt very stuck and pulls out a big ratchet strap and waits for someone to come pull him out. Along comes a little stock jeep cheeorkee and he says he'll try to pull him out. after trying to find a place to hook onto on the rear of the jeep.... he turns around and decides to pull him out in reverse. the guy in the ford then hooks up his rachet strap to the jeeps drag link[16] after a good couple pulls, his tires looked pretty cross eyed. But thats ok as buddy in the ford has an idea..... lets hook the strap up to the drag link again, and get someone pull from the back to straighten it out.... well all this did was bend the drag link down, really f'n over the guy in the jeep . So then a few more trucks try to pull them out with no luck. a few hours later.... after chatting to the guys in the chev... and there chick[36] i decide i'll try to pull the chev out with my stock toy on 31's. give them my jackall and tell them where to dig and jack from.... 20 later, it looks as if the chev will come out. So i hook up my 30foot strap, back up to his bumper and floor it in 3rd gear 4 lo.... all i remeber was a bang and he was out.... go toyota go.
The ford guy does some digging and then the chev pulls him out.... they go home, i go back to the fire for a beer. All in all a good night except for hurricane force winds and rain.

sorry for the long post[3].... i didnt bring my camera... but i will hopefully get some pics

lizard
10-17-2004, 12:53 PM
bad man , no pics.
You werent camping with jeepnut where you?

Toyquad
10-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Oh ad on the way out, the second to last bridge almost claimed another vehicle.... this 2wd crewcab chev just mananged to keep two wheels on the bridge...... anyone know if he got helped off the bridge.... my toy couldnt do it [16]

Toyquad
10-17-2004, 12:57 PM
ahh im not sure who jeepnut is?? I was camped with a Mike, tyler, mark and tony

Blondgrl
10-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Sounds like you had fun[36]

Pegleg
10-17-2004, 03:25 PM
stupid bridges

------------------------go hard or go home

dexter302
10-17-2004, 08:05 PM