PDA

View Full Version : lift springs?

Aaron
10-14-2004, 02:47 PM
does anyone know where i can buy some leafs to lift a sami.

Mofo

wade and cleatus
10-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Why not do a spring over? It seems to work well and im sure its a lot cheaper.

-----------procrastination is the thief of time-----------

Pegleg
10-14-2004, 04:12 PM
aaron were u out back of the ice rink last night?wasnt sure if it was or not, i was driving the zamboni

------------------------go hard or go home

JamesT
10-14-2004, 04:24 PM
stay away from lift springs for a samurai.

do spring over , get a breeze kit.

http://www.vladbike.ru/suzuki.gif

redwingfan_number19
10-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey!
I got lift springs in my zuk, calmini 3", and if I could do everything over again I would probably have went with a spring over!
I wouldn't recommend lift springs but then again, a zuki ain't any soft ride is it? My shocks are also too long I beleive nad limit my upward travel so that probably makes mine worse. even with this I would still rather have gone spoa and have contemplated doing it now but just can't quite convince myself.

Later

Matt

88.5 Suzuki Samurai, Tintop, 3" lift springs, drop links all around giving about .5" more lift, almost 4" total
currently on 27" super swampers

sj-x 500
10-14-2004, 09:46 PM
take your rears, put them in the front.
then take some *i hate to say it* cj's and put em in the back

zuk: being prepared for total tear down. yota's 5.29's arb's.
ford: it drives.

Guybc
10-15-2004, 10:33 AM
what year cj and front or rear springs?

Aaron
10-15-2004, 02:58 PM
i already have a spring over.and iv experimented with various combos af sami springs.i have all toyota drivetrain and a roll cage and i think thats too much for these springs.the reason i want lift packs is i want more lift and in my truck i sack out springs all the time with my 35s and 5:29s even with a traction bar.i need something slightly stiffer and i want to go a couple of inches higher.i am considering running sprung under lift packs w/my spoa ,opinions appreciated.no that wasnt my truck i fried my alternator at stave last sunday and im in the process of a chevy alt swap.

Mofo

Aaron
10-15-2004, 03:00 PM
hey redwing fan if you do a spoa i may want to buy your 3'' packs.btw how much are they new?.

Mofo

redwingfan_number19
10-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Hey!
sorry, I can't help with a price of them new as I bought them used.
Doesn't look like i'll be going spoa, I got a cd deck and need to find speakers, amp and sub to hook up so I guess thats next on the list. then who knows????

Ya never know though!
good luck finding some!

later

Matt

88.5 Suzuki Samurai, Tintop, 3" lift springs, drop links all around giving about .5" more lift, almost 4" total
currently on 27" super swampers
http://members.shaw.ca/redwingfan_Number19/images/onside2.JPG