PDA

View Full Version : back brake brum

zukkin
10-08-2004, 12:15 PM
trying to get my back brake drum off??????
its on there really good and i don't have a slide hammer
[?][?]
any info
sammy 88
thanks

westcoaster
10-08-2004, 12:34 PM
length of chain and something heavy like a jackall.... bolt the chain to the drum and the jackall and start swinging. you may have to reposition the chain on the drum to get it off straight.

muky
10-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Doesnt it have the threaded holes in it? All you have to do if find a bolt that fits in the threaded holes and crank em in. That should pop the drums off. And if all lse fails , take the emergency brake off.

I was so poor growing up ... if I wasn't a boy ...I'd have nothing to play with.

westcoaster
10-08-2004, 12:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by muky

Doesnt it have the threaded holes in it? All you have to do if find a bolt that fits in the threaded holes and crank em in. That should pop the drums off. And if all lse fails , take the emergency brake off.

I was so poor growing up ... if I wasn't a boy ...I'd have nothing to play with.

your thinking of the front rotors. the rear drums don't have the threaded holes.....

wade and cleatus
10-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Have fun! Had this problem with my toyota, luckily i was just barely able to get the jaws of my biggest gear puller hammered between the drums and backing plates. Then i held them in there with a ratchet strap. Started cranking, heating, beating etc. until it finally came off explosively. The drum had pulled a good inch away from the backing plate but the centre was still fused to the axle! It took a lot of persuasion. The drum was warped after all that.

-----------scraping the edge of nothing-----------

zukkin
10-08-2004, 01:06 PM
thanks guys [36]
it seems like it is going to be fun
all be given the cain a try

u-can-2
10-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Buy a slide hammer. You'll use it in the future if you have a Zuk. I got mine at Princess for $45.00 with all the attachments[3]

*** President of "The Golf Carts Off-Road Team" *** (Rock Crawling Division)
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/HWA/2004923204537_jeepbeat.gif

digger
10-08-2004, 02:56 PM
five gallons gas and some matches
thatll fix it real gooder

--------

STAVE LAKE SAMSQUATCH

zukkin
10-08-2004, 03:28 PM
[quote]Originally posted by digger69

five gallons gas and some matches
thatll fix it real gooder

--------

[15]funny hey sounds cheaper than a slide hammer[16]

godzuka
10-08-2004, 03:31 PM
no the way gas prices are

if carrots were like alcohol, rabbits would be screwed up.

zukkin
10-08-2004, 03:32 PM
true ture[!]gas prices

sj-x 500
10-08-2004, 06:29 PM
BFH.

i don't know what the fuck you people are smokin, no need to use a fucking puller, slide hammer, or any fancy fucking tools. use a hammer, on the side of the *bell* area, and keep tapping, all the way around, if it's still a whore, use a screw driver to unadjust your brakes through the hole in teh backing plate, it works, did it on the set that had been doing nothing for ages, rusted so bad the e-brake levers were just a solid mass of corrosion

zuk: being prepared for total tear down. yota's 5.29's arb's.
ford: it drives.

zukkin
10-12-2004, 08:23 AM
hey guys thanks for the help it off!!!!
wasn't fun :(
[36]thanks

u-can-2
10-12-2004, 08:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by sj-x 500

BFH.

i don't know what the fuck you people are smokin, no need to use a fucking puller, slide hammer, or any fancy fucking tools. use a hammer, on the side of the *bell* area, and keep tapping, all the way around, if it's still a whore, use a screw driver to unadjust your brakes through the hole in teh backing plate, it works, did it on the set that had been doing nothing for ages, rusted so bad the e-brake levers were just a solid mass of corrosion

zuk: being prepared for total tear down. yota's 5.29's arb's.
ford: it drives.

Slide hammer, one hit. DONE;)

*** President of "The Golf Carts Off-Road Team" *** (Rock Crawling Division)
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/HWA/2004923204537_jeepbeat.gif

zukkin
10-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Slide hammer, one hit. DONE

a modified harmonic balancer puller

[36];)