PDA

View Full Version : Rad.

Blasted
09-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey... Just wondering what some of the cooling mods some of you have done and why. My Zuke is a little tempermental lately with the cooling issue. I was thinking about changing to a aluminum rad and an electric fan. Can anyone recommend a good rad place? Im not really in the mood for a bunch of chopping and refitting, so something like a better stock replacement would be cool. Any suggestions would be great.

DOH... Need a tow.

sj-x 500
09-08-2004, 06:54 PM
you should flush the rad. the stocker will keep up to a 1.3. have you gone to a 1.6? try a 1.6 rad. the electric fan from a fiero, or a bunch of diff gm fwd cars, just need to find a temp switch.. i can't remember where from.

zuk: being prepared for total tear down. yota's 5.29's arb's.
ford: it drives.

EIEIO
09-09-2004, 04:03 AM
I run a pusher fan along with my stocker for on the trails, my stocker fan keeps the 1.3L really cool.

My rig is smaller than yours!!

STranger
09-10-2004, 04:22 AM
i never had a problem with the 1.3 rad keeping up with the 1.6,the rad is probably clogged.

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

Blasted
09-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Sorry all i should specify.... I have a 93 Sidekick with the 1.6 stock. Im going to give it a flush and replace the thermostat this weekend. I just hope something big isnt going to explode on me or something.

DOH... Need a tow.