PDA

View Full Version : White Water Rafting

Big_Ern
08-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Who would be interested in a white water rafting trip down the Thompson-Fraser through the big rapids

Check out some of the 2 and 3 day packages here: http://www.kumsheen.com/packages/multiday/

Some of the 2 and 3 day rafting trips look like they'd be a lot of fun. They look expensive at first, but most of the trips include food, so the only extra cost would be whatever booze you want to bring along. [31]

One of the guy on the *cough*other*cough*site did a big write-up on his trip and it sounds like a blast http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55037&pagenumber=2

Maybe soemthing to plan for next summer as they only do the trips during August and early september when the rapids are real big :D

Sambuca id da debil!

***The REAL Hairy White Ass!***

'89 4Runner w/ 33" Swampers

jeeper
08-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Did a rafting trip there many years back -a lot of fun -not the adventure you want it to be if your an adrenaline junkie ---but still lots of fun !

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Princess
08-24-2004, 07:43 PM
I would be in for this for sure. You should check out Hyak River Rafting too. I think some of their packages maybe a bit cheaper and even offer discounts for groups of ten or more.
http://www.hyak.com/rivers/index.html

J E E P
Best 4X4XFAR

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
"My Karma ran over my Dogma"

hamberger
08-25-2004, 08:19 AM
try www.interiorwhitewater.bc.ca out of Clearwater. expedition goes thru Wells Gray Park....untouched wilderness... unlike the thompson and fraser were you'll be drifting by old farms with rusty broken down Jeeps and Fords all over the yard.[^]

ham

SIDEWALKS ARE JUST
ANOTHER PASSING LANE!

RebelAngelle
08-25-2004, 11:12 AM
I would love to do another rafting trip, but maybe next year, we are running out of warm enough weather!

[41]How did I end up here again???[41]

Big_Ern
08-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Ya, definitely something to plan for next year. i just wanted to throw the idea out there to get an idea for who would be interested.

Ham, that interior whitewatter place looks interesting -- and like you say it would probably be much better scenery[8D]

Sambuca id da debil!

jeeper
08-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Ya AAron

Youlle just be passing all the jeeps on the road -as they are the only vehichles capable of getting back into that country !!!!

Oh ya you drive a toyota and havent realized that the area you are talking about has had my heep all over it many times :)

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Big_Ern
08-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Ya, and I bet there are STILL broken pieces of it left behind![22]

Sambuca id da debil!