PDA

View Full Version : Names for the Whipsaw trip

Honky
08-04-2004, 08:46 AM
This is what I picked up off the event thread as to who is thinking of going on the trip. Please confirm if you are still going.

HWA confirmed
Pegleg and Godzukaconfirmed
Peglegs buddy's truck 1 confirmed
Peglegs buddy's truck 2confirmed
Big Ern, confirmed
Bruce and George, confirmed
PJsTJ and Fishgirlconfirmed
Halo confirmed
Hamburgerconfirmed
Blazin Obsession
BlazinBC confirmed
mista fitzconfirmed

This is an open invite so if you would like to go and your truck is in good running order feel free to add your name

--------
Crowded elevators smell different to midgets

Hey listen to my song!!
http://www.bitoffun.com/Notes/Hairass.mp3

---------------------- List updated 8-06-04 -------------

EIEIO
08-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Where is whipsaw in bc??

My rig is smaller than yours!!

Papa Pete
08-04-2004, 08:58 AM
PJsTJ and Fishergirl are IN
[3]

ez_b
08-04-2004, 09:24 AM
can't make it Daryl is so i have to work:( but have a good trip assholes[33]

ya gots ta lick it befores ya stab it!
don't hate the player hate the game!

Honky
08-04-2004, 09:35 AM
just tell your boss you are stick in the the head...he'll believe that as I see he's on the board now.
[9]
--------

Hey listen to my song!!

STranger
08-04-2004, 09:40 AM
waaaahhhhh......i wanna go i wanna go

stupid work

why cant i just win the damn lottery?

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

Pegleg
08-04-2004, 09:41 AM
myself and darrel,2 more trucks 4 other buddys

just be a beer runner,or we burn the teepee down and steal your salmon

wade and cleatus
08-04-2004, 11:14 AM
I cant make this one unfortunately :(

Moonshine, it's not as clear as water
Guess that's why it make's you high

matrixwoman
08-05-2004, 11:58 AM
sorry, can't go, not sure if i can trust my truck that far yet. :(trying to hook up with the norrish creek event.

godzuka
08-05-2004, 12:50 PM
its gonna be rad.

It may only be a samurai but it's still better than your jeep.
***President of "The Golf Carts Off-Road Team" (mud running chapter)***http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/feiertage/feiertag-smiley-014.gif
Beer is the only thing a man can swallow without being gay.

wade and cleatus
08-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah, yeah, rub it in like salt in my numerous wounds[33]

Beer, beer, what do you know
The more you drink the faster you go!

Halo
08-05-2004, 05:11 PM
i am now officially in!

Team Halo.
...at least it's not a ford...

OldEnuff
08-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Work Bad...very bad

It's one of those catch 22 things.
If I wanna build the Bronco I gotta do extra work.
But if I do the extra work then I can't go on the trips.
So it doesn't matter if the Bronco gets built.
So why do the extra work.
and on and on and on it goes [:0]

:(:(:(

'85 Bronco with 4" Suspension Lift
300 I6 T18A NP208 D44 TTB 9" Detroit 4.11's 33X12.5 Cooper Discoverer STT's
CB, Warn 8274 on Aluminum Bumper, Tow Hooks F/R,
Working on the SAS as you read this :)

Stay Tuned :P

Shera
08-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Kevin; We're not able to make it in person but will be there in spirit ;we have to go to our trailer and pay rent since we didn't go on the long weekend .We will toast you all around 10 pm Saturday night by the river .Behave your selves and don't forget the bug spray by the gallon. We will trying to make it up to Harrison on the next long weekend though I will be back to work by then[Its going to be hard to get back into that routine}[8D]

Bitchin is good for the soul

T.O.
08-05-2004, 08:54 PM
I would like to take this time and post to apologize to the masses that take the time to read these posts and join in on the many runs...
I am sorry to disappoint and leave you wondering what to do without my presence being there but I won't be enjoying this trip Due to being a best man at a good friends wedding. Regards, Toddler

PS. can you imagine anyone thinking of me as a best man[9]

"I'm not here to be helpful"

Welcome to the "dog and pony show"

Remember to let alcohol be the wind under your wings

STranger
08-06-2004, 04:10 AM
well if todds not going,maybe i should find a way!i wonder if i could borrow a blue toyota from someone?

Shera
08-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Enjoy your weekend toddler ; we'll be thinking of you also in your monkey suit. Just remember what I said before watch out if when you go pick up the suit if he wants to remeasure you again[15][}:)]

Princess
08-06-2004, 09:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Shera

...watch out if when you go pick up the suit if he wants to remeasure you again[15][}:)]

aaaaaaaahahahaha, there's a visual [15]

J E E P
Best 4X4XFAR

In The Zone
08-06-2004, 09:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Halo

i am now officially in!

Team Halo.

Hey Grant U need a 4x4 for this trip [f]not a Car

It is Parked and under construction....
Soon to be on a trail near U

godzuka
08-06-2004, 11:20 AM
hopefully there is no wood stoves up there. its hard to get an ambulance.

It may only be a samurai but it's still better than your jeep.
***President of "The Golf Carts Off-Road Team" (mud running chapter)***http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/feiertage/feiertag-smiley-014.gif
Beer is the only thing a man can swallow without being gay.

Shera
08-06-2004, 11:45 AM
I heard as long as there's no sambuca everything should be fine:D

T.O.
08-06-2004, 01:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by STranger

well if todds not going,maybe i should find a way!i wonder if i could borrow a blue toyota from someone?

Shaweet, All you have to do is weld the diffs and put in some shocks and you'll be useing a good truck to get yourself in and outta there.[22]

"I'm not here to be helpful"

Welcome to the "dog and pony show"

Remember to let alcohol be the wind under your wings

mista fitz
08-06-2004, 01:36 PM
I was thinkin about this.... back to the topic, 'names for the whipsaw trip' - you should consider naming it AFTER you get back, I'm sure by then it'll be clear what to name it ! (i.e. spudspudspudspudspud trip couldn't have been named that before the 1st one right? it has reason)

whaddya think?

Honky
08-06-2004, 01:50 PM
This topic is not to rename the whipsaw but to confirm who's going. ....You going sean ???

--------

Hey listen to my song!!

mista fitz
08-06-2004, 02:13 PM
oh man... I want to go sooo bad.. didnt think Id be ready, but mechanically I'm doing great, have fixed a lot in the last 2 months (minus a front driveshaft - no problem, thats easy to get) but I have to pass a V.I. too if I really want to be 'worry-free', cuz I dont wanna have to get towed home if I/we happen to run into the long arm of the law... (f'n pricks)

o ya, I thought you were trying to 'name' the trip.. which is always fun too.. [36]

Halo
08-06-2004, 05:47 PM
mista fitz-get that cj in gear dude. i would love to see it on the trail again. i met your buddy in the cj-8 up at chehalis last summer. oh yeah-and that jeep was in my family for a lot of years.[8D]

Team Halo.

Big_Ern
08-06-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm in! [3]

I won't be able to leave the Langley area until about 9pm friday night though. since I have to work until 8pm. Where exactly is the start of the wipsaw where we will all be meeting?

Sambuca id da debil!

***The REAL Hairy White Ass!***

'89 4Runner w/ 33" Swampers

Honky
08-08-2004, 05:09 AM
I have a seat available if anyone would like to go. Send me a PM if your interested. I'm leaving Thursday night

--------

Hey listen to my song!!

Halo
08-08-2004, 07:26 AM
how come ann's not coming?

Team Halo.
...at least it's not Beerbaron's ford...

Honky
08-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Here is who is unconfirmed. you guys going?

Winch
Bite me
Blazin Obsession
U-can2 and she-can-2

--------
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

Hey listen to my song!!

Halo
08-11-2004, 01:51 PM
i just talked to bite me and it sounds like we'll be running together on friday morning.[36] but don't count on what i say cause i'm unreliable...;)

Team Halo.

Halo
08-11-2004, 01:52 PM
hey kev. did anyone grab that gps from you yet?

Team Halo.

mista fitz
08-11-2004, 02:03 PM
where do you want to meet up kevin? My friend who is riding along, I'll have to pick him up from the docks near the gillnetter (works on the tugs) around 6:00, so I'll be pushin it of course... (would it be an adventure if I didn't?) he'll be ready to go, and I've taken the day off tomorrow to prepare..

can't wait. wooT!

jeeper
08-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey Sean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Good to see your gonna be out on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!

tHERES A FEW TRUCKS HEADING OUT FRIDAY NIGHT ----POST IF YOUR NOT ABLE TO LEAVE TILL FRIDAY NIGHT AND WELLE SEE IF WE CAN MEET UP SOMEWHERE !-bRUCE

jeeper
08-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Oh and kevin -Derick and a couple freinds confirmed as well for friday night !!!!!!!!!

hamberger
08-11-2004, 09:19 PM
I'll be leaving Cloverdale Friday afternoon. I vaguely remember the way to Placer after leaving the Hwy but then again Bruce was the one navigating and he never follows the beaten path.

ham

SIDEWALKS ARE JUST
ANOTHER PASSING LANE!

jeeper
08-11-2004, 09:24 PM
oooops -----did I lkead you down the skidder paths on the way to placer the arron?

We will be comming through later in the day so if you get turned around be waiting at the river for us and follow us up then !!!!!!

Honky
08-11-2004, 09:45 PM
give me a call at 604-315-5081 when your ready to go. I would like to head out no later then 7:00pm and you know I'm never late[c]

--------

Hey listen to my song!!

jeeper
08-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Your heading out friday afternoon KEV ?

Or thursday afternoon ?

STranger
08-12-2004, 03:46 AM
you guys are all dicks-i wanna go!

Honky
08-12-2004, 04:47 AM
I have another GPS if you want to use it Halo. I will bring it to work today if you want to pick it up.

--------

Hey listen to my song!!

hamberger
08-12-2004, 04:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by jeeper

oooops -----did I lkead you down the skidder paths on the way to placer the arron?

We will be comming through later in the day so if you get turned around be waiting at the river for us and follow us up then !!!!!!

the skidder path that cuts thru the switch-backs is easy enough to figure out. It got confusing after that shortcut down the steep pasture to the corral

ham

SIDEWALKS ARE JUST
ANOTHER PASSING LANE!

Halo
08-12-2004, 05:17 AM
i don't know where your work is kevin. and what time are you there until?
...grant.

Team Halo.

jeeper
08-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Hey Arroon

After you hit the bottom at the corral go right about 200ft and theres a road there --follow that and it will dump you back onto the main road ,,just after you hit the main road you will cross a bridge and then hit a LOG placed across the road (big Log) you can get around that ,,,another 300ft and you hit an intersection ---its where they redirected the road you are on ,,,go left and that will take you to Placer!

Just remeber to watch for the lone tree above the grassy hill so you know where to turn down

-------Hope this helps -Bruce

mista fitz
08-12-2004, 08:45 AM
received + installed my new driveshaft after work last nite (7pm) now its 10am ...removing diff cover, seems my front driveshaft wasn't the only problem.... what could it be? I'm betting I've chipped the gears or something.. .. this is SO VERY dissapointing. we'll see what transpires, but if its gears I doubt I'll be able to fix by tomorrow, much less today. I'll keep ya posted, and if I'm S.O.L. - I'll be taking you up on that passenger seat kevin. as much as i love to drive my own truck, I keep telling myself its all about the camping, beer swillin, adventure.

argh.

Jeepnut
08-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Kevins jeep broke and he didn't even make it to the trail yet.Rear axle seal let go and he trying to get it fix.

He did say to fix or service the trucks before you hit the trail head...nothing like last minute fixes......[15]

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/harry whiteass/2004325174524_stir.gif
Your Village Called There Idiots Missing

Cookie
08-12-2004, 10:01 AM
well, have good trip people, ill be workin ,then gettin shit faced at the airshow

id rather be flyin up a mountain!

imagine life without beer

mista fitz
08-12-2004, 11:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jeepnut

Kevins jeep broke and he didn't even make it to the trail yet.Rear axle seal let go and he trying to get it fix.

He did say to fix or service the trucks before you hit the trail head...nothing like last minute fixes......[15]

yup - when I called the shop, they were like, "oh, you're going with kevin, yeah, he's right here" - I think we should make our 'meeting spot' before any trip at jeap thrills, seems we always meet there before a trip anyways... [16] [V] ah well...

yup my R&P broke in the front, pretty unlikely I'll get that done today.. I've been under my truck all week making sure everything is perfect for the trip, unfortunately my driveshaft didn't arrive til last nite, I slapped it in thinking it would be the final thing I'd have to do, took it for a test, and sure enough sounded like there was a handful of chunks in the diff... [2] so I called in 'sick' this morning to see what I could do about it... more later.

Honky
08-12-2004, 11:55 AM
I was driving passed Jeep thrills and they must have some funny vibe going on in a certain radius around their shop. Just before turn to their shop I hear a BANG!! followed by an annoying squeaking noise. I took the tire off and deducted that it must be the seal and bearing that has been leaking for the last 6 months.

They're booked solid but Craig said he will get it done. Dam I like that place!!!! Well It's a love hate thing. The guys are great there but If I didn't break so dam often then I would be there so much LOL[9]

--------

Hey listen to my song!!

In The Zone
08-12-2004, 12:05 PM
:DGood luck with the Jeep Kev...

Axle seals are quick to change do em both...
check for wear or worn shafts around seal area...

it only take's 15min a side once u pulled ur axles out...
to the rest of ya have a safe trip and a memorable one
caause i will be sittin around .. doin mods...[36]

It is Parked and under construction....
Soon to be on a trail near U

Honky
08-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Hey Grant I work under the Portman Bridge. I did bring the GPS for you so if you want it give me a call before 3:30 today

604-315-5081

--------

Hey listen to my song!!

Honky
08-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Well not sure if you will need the GPS just look for the pie plates!! You will know you're following the right plates as they'll have a black circle around the outside but each plate will say something different. :-)

I sure they'll be the only plates on that trail anyways

--------

Hey listen to my song!!

mista fitz
08-12-2004, 01:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by HARRY WHITEASS

I was driving passed Jeep thrills and they must have some funny vibe going on in a certain radius around their shop.

They're booked solid but Craig said he will get it done. Dam I like that place!!!! Well It's a love hate thing. The guys are great there but If I didn't break so dam often then I would be there so much LOL[9]

yeah, I think I live in that radius... [16] too bad you got there before me, cuz craigs got his tits in a knot about how busy it is! looks like I don't get booked today... he says I can come get another axle with the gears in it, but I've replaced a lot on this axle and don't want to swap one in with a bunch of other problems... we'll see if he can fit me in tomorrow - I'll have to get together with group #2 - friday nite leavers... how much should an r&p + install be worth?

Halo
08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
thanks anyways kevin! i didn't get up for work until 4 so i guess i'm shit outta luck. would have liked to play around with the gps as i have been thinking abnout getting one ever since i got my bike.

Team Halo.

jeeper
08-12-2004, 06:30 PM
About 300 for the labour and whatever parts your looking at !Bearings seals etc !Have you tried TOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im sure he could do it for ya !!!

Hes not comming out this weekend anyways so he moght as well be wotrking :) ! -You can tell me to F### OIF now TOm :)

jeeper
08-12-2004, 06:38 PM
OK --First round have left --WHOS all going up tomorro night !!!

There will be two trucks heading out of Langley area at anywhere between 5-7 tomorro night -havent confirmed the time yet !!!!!!

If you want to tag along or meet up somewhere along the way to help find your way into Placer -post here or pm me -Bruce

jeeper
08-12-2004, 06:40 PM
And also -Whoever was comming up on sat morning and wanting to meet up as we leave Placer and go to the whipsaw trail head -Post here so I know who to expect up there ---Bruce

Winch
08-12-2004, 06:54 PM
For those of us arriving Friday morning, what time does the group plan on leaving Placer lake, i.e. what time do we need to be there? Sounds like we can show up anytime on Friday. Are there anyone else from the interior going? Maybe we can hookup somewhere?

'96 Tacoma 3.4L, 5speed, Rear E-locker, 2" lift, 33's, 8000 Warn

jeeper
08-12-2004, 07:20 PM
They wont be leaving Placer till saturday morning !

The plan is to meet up on the whipsaw around noon ! So if you are at the hairpin turn on the crowsnest about 10 km east of east gate (hwy3 ) around 11 in the morning you should meet up with those comming out from placer ! I say 11 as Im sure thats the earliest they will be comming out at !Theres a great spot to stop at on the whipsaw about 20 km in and Im sure we will end up pulling into that spot as well ---maybe closer to 22-23 km you cant miss it theres a good pullout area with a nice camping area and a road crossing a creek !So that would be a good destination to meet up as well !I personally like the Similckameen river spot -8-10 km past east gate on the hairpin -turn in there go 200 yards and stay at the bridge !

jeeper
08-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Heyt Winch !

Do you know how to get to placer????????

bite me
08-12-2004, 07:46 PM
[15][15][15]
im in foresure
driving up with halo

see ya all there

jeeper
08-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey Bite me -What time you heading out???????

Winch
08-12-2004, 09:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by jeeper

Heyt Winch !

Do you know how to get to placer????????

All I know is that I should head south about 60 km from Princeton, but not too sure from there. The plan is to leave Vernon Friday morning and camp at Placer.

'96 Tacoma 3.4L, 5speed, Rear E-locker, 2" lift, 33's, 8000 Warn

Halo
08-13-2004, 05:45 AM
hey bruce! me and bite me are meeting at tim hortons on london in mission at 1030 this morning and will leave shortly after. see you there!

Team Halo.

STranger
08-13-2004, 05:57 AM
you suck halo.i'm jealous.

Jeepnut
08-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Kevins at Copper creek broken down he blew his rear carry.Iam trying to find parts now.

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/harry whiteass/2004325174524_stir.gif
Your Village Called There Idiots Missing