PDA

View Full Version : Stripped caliper bleeder nipple...

Stu_Dawg
08-03-2004, 12:33 PM
hey there, i need some options for removal. The nipple is stripped. Went in with an e-z out and still wont budge. Do i drill it out and tap a bit larger of a hole? thats about the only other option i can think of.

"If it ain't a chevy, don't raise it up" - snoop dogg

posted by beerbaron...
"we don't like tree huggers sticking the nose in our shit, if I want to chop down a fuck tree make a toilet with wipe my ass with a spotted owl then light it on fire thats what I'm going to do"

Pegleg
08-03-2004, 12:51 PM
buy a new caliper, there cheap

just be a beer runner,or we burn the teepee down and steal your salmon

STranger
08-03-2004, 12:54 PM
first thing,is it front or rear?if it is on the caliper you can heat the area around the bleeder with an acetelene torch till its just beginning to glow,hit the bleeder with an ice cube,and grab it with vice grips to turn it out this works every time for me.a simillar approach can be taken on a drum setup but you need to be much more carefull with the heat or the seals could be burned out.

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

Stu_Dawg
08-03-2004, 01:00 PM
ya its on the front. im not too sure how much a new caliper will be as it is a d60 front, and the stock one is fairly large. im going to give the heat, ice and vice grip method a shot.

posted by beerbaron...
"we don't like tree huggers sticking the nose in our shit, if I want to chop down a fuck tree make a toilet with wipe my ass with a spotted owl then light it on fire thats what I'm going to do"

EIEIO
08-03-2004, 02:14 PM
well its been an hour and 15 minutes. It wasn't a quick one I guess.

My rig is smaller than yours!!

Stu_Dawg
08-03-2004, 03:50 PM
i got side tracked in coquitlam soon as i left last post. i dont have a acetelene torch, only propane torch. wasn't hot enough to heat caliper enough. dont know what else to do but buy a new caliper? would i be able to drill it out and re-tap it?

posted by beerbaron...

automan
08-03-2004, 04:20 PM
what side?

sober_steve
08-03-2004, 07:29 PM
put some vice grips on it and them ream her out and just replace the bleeder