PDA

View Full Version : 1.3L TBI - Super Rich

EIEIO
07-29-2004, 03:36 AM
Well as of late a few things I started to notice, first off it was through 3rd and 4th going up hill it started to ping a bit. Thought bah, older engine, should start happening. Next it started to ping in 5th just cruising on the freeway to Chilliwack. Thought that was odd. Also started noticing ALOT more backfires lately, bigger and bigger ones. Then i decided to see how rich it was at stand still and when you flutter the gas inbetween 4000-4500rpm you can actually see it puke the crap out. It smells like a damn lawnmower now. I do use a bit of oil, i would say about a quart every month or so it seems.

85 bottom end w/ TBI, 88 head, all tune up parts are from 90-92 (cap, rotor, etc). 1 3/4" exhaust (no cat) and 3.90 gears.

Any ideas? or similar problems?

My rig is smaller than yours!!

STranger
07-29-2004, 03:46 AM
sounds like the map sensor went on vacation.maybe it'll come back at the end of summer!

i dont need people to get me,i just need people to get out of my way

EIEIO
07-29-2004, 05:15 AM
God damn MAP sensor, i tell him to stay home for the holidays, but always takes off. I have had it with him, time to have a look and see whats wrong with his head, maybe replace him [:p]

godzuka
07-29-2004, 07:06 AM
you could have a stuck 02 sensor as well.

It may only be a samurai but it's still better than your jeep.
***President of "The Golf Carts Off-Road Team" (mud running chapter)***http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/feiertage/feiertag-smiley-014.gif
Beer is the only thing a man can swallow without being gay.

EIEIO
07-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Well I notice no difference if I have the o2 sensor plugged in or not, kinda weird I thought.

EIEIO
07-29-2004, 07:21 AM
And this was before this problem happened that I noticed it made no difference being plugged in.

(chalk another one up for the post count :D )