PDA

View Full Version : Yalakom/ China Head roads...

got_mud
07-17-2004, 12:27 PM
Planing a road trip for the first week of Aug. Was looking for any info on this area. Trying to find a route from Big Bar Lake towards Gold Bridge then over the Hurley Pass. Anyone traveled in that backcountry recently? Just trying to nail down a route. The plan so far is to leave Fri morning july 30, for the Skagit Vally/Ross Lake for a couple days of fishing, then up the Fraser Canyon to Blue Earth Lake for a night, then up to Clinton,and stay at Big Bar Lake. From there I would like to cross the Fraser via Big Bar Ferry, and head south towards Gold Bridge, over the Hurley Pass. Finish the trip with a dip in the hot springs at Pebble Creek just North of Meager Creek hot springs, then down the Sea/Sky home.Any info on the area between Big Bar and Gold Bridge would help, all new teritory for me. Should be a good adventure.

lizard
07-17-2004, 04:56 PM
yah sounds like fun, but get a backroads mapbook, it'll tell u everything an then sum

[img=right]http://www.funinbc.com/temp/fingerliz2.gif[/img=right]

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg

CNC
07-19-2004, 09:30 AM
a good topo map of the area would be something to invest in because there are some areas back there that we found the compass does not work properly.
(also winching, shoveling and sawing through the slide areas and overgrowth)

Its a great trip, lots of work but the scenery is worth it. Have a great trip.