PDA

View Full Version : West LIumchen FSR

redwingfan_number19
07-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey!
Does anyone know what is up West LIumchen FSR?
any trails? views? etc? anything worth going up there for?
I know the forestry site says its washed out at the 4km mark but whats their definition of washed out?
has anyone been up there recently or have any info on it?
Its up cultus lake, you go left on sleepy hollow, and right on vance and it turns to gravel and forks off into little tamihi which goes down and west liumchen which goes up!
I'm thinking of heading up there and driving as far as I can safely and maybe hiking alittle or something?
anyone interested?

Thanks for any help!

Matt

88.5 Suzuki Samurai, Tintop, 3" lift springs, drop links all around giving about .5" more lift, almost 4" total
currently on 27" super swampers

OldEnuff
07-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Last time I was up there was last summer.
There was a very narrow part of the road where you had to ride the uphill bank to get past a washed out section (way, way, way down[:0]).
As I was in the Bronco and no other trucks I decided not to try it but probably could have made it.
Road seemed fine after that as I walked it quite a ways.
Narrower track vehicles had been going across.

This may be washed out more now or it could be farther up the road.
It was still a fun drive tho.:D

'85 Bronco with 4" Suspension Lift
300 I6 T18A NP208 D44 TTB 9" Detroit 4.11's 33X12.5 Cooper Discoverer STT's
CB, Warn 8274 on Aluminum Bumper, Tow Hooks F/R,
Body mods courtesy of rocks and trees

It is important to always live within your income.....even if you have to borrow money to do it.

redwingfan_number19
07-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Was there anything worth going up there for? like a good view? lake/stream/creek for fishing? any side trails? or is it just an old shut down fsr.
I figure a zuk is a fair bit narrow than a bronco eh :D

Thanks for the help!

Matt

88.5 Suzuki Samurai, Tintop, 3" lift springs, drop links all around giving about .5" more lift, almost 4" total
currently on 27" super swampers