PDA

View Full Version : drop links not working!

redwingfan_number19
06-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Hey!
I got drop links all around on my 88.5 sammi with 3" lift springs, new poly eurethane bushings, 18" long brake lines up front. I can't get the links to open! I took one of the shackles off and started jacking up the other side of the vehicle at one tire so that that side should keep drooping down right?? well it didn't, so it must not be the shackle if I got it right, I think its the bushing at the rear spring perch, it isn't allowing enough twist and therefore limiting me!
What can I do, if this is the problem or any otehr suggestions on my problem?
I was thinking of grinding some of the bushing off?? is this safe and legal??

What can I do, I can't go anywhere with 6" of flex [13]

Later

Matt

88.5 Suzuki Samurai, Tintop, 3" lift springs, drop links all around giving about .5" more lift, almost 4" total
currently on: Street tires: all seasons

Trail tires: 27" super swampers

Aaron
06-11-2004, 08:24 PM
oman you just fueled alot of hatred for alot of people.i put on a pair of those along tome ago and people were pissed at me.they look good w a level ride but if you look at it when your tire drops the shacke on that side wants to tilt inward.and it cant very much,especially w/new bushings wich is how mine was when i put em in.the older your bushings the better they work.but people say {and i agree]that they dont add any traction for your tire.i think the advantage is when you got open diffs because rather than lifting a tire the wait of the tire will pull it down .relative to your spring rate/bushing cond/shock length/tire weight.i think this is why the sami folks hate on em.if you run a 31 its not that heave.people w/bigger rigs/bigger tires like em better.i think if you wanted to improve on the setupyou could make the upper shackle mount pivot perpendicular to the axis of the frame rail.i just read what i wrote and i dont know if it helped much.but i kept mine on to this day with heavy 35s i think it keeps my front diff {unlocked}in contalt with the ground longer,and in my opinion keeps my front end pulling farther than it would otherwise.

Mofo

Aaron
06-11-2004, 08:28 PM
also i think bumpstops affect it because without em the uptravel of one side doesnt really lever the otherside down.i can tell iv been drinking by that last post.hahaha

Mofo

StinkFinger
06-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Generaly the purpos of polly busings over rubber is to tighten up a suspension the pivot on the frame idea seems to be a good one if your willing to take the time i would check things like shock length and spring clamps first tho

If you'r gona do'er pound'er

jeep, it's just a penis extension for people who really wanted suzukis

Quote of the week:
fast forward two hours and ill be doin her in the butt

StinkFinger
06-12-2004, 09:33 PM
oh ya if you were to make a pvoting upper mount you may need to ad a track bar or panh hard bar (same thing) especialy on the front because this will efect steering and handling

If you'r gona do'er pound'er

jeep, it's just a penis extension for people who really wanted suzukis

Quote of the week:
fast forward two hours and ill be doin her in the butt

godzuka
06-13-2004, 12:21 PM
you so smart geo[h]

It may only be a samurai but it's still better than your jeep.
***President of "The Golf Carts Off-Road Team" (mud running chapter)***http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/feiertage/feiertag-smiley-014.gif
JEEP: Just Everyone Elses Parts