PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Lift

imported_n/a
06-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I was wondering ewhat you chevy guys out there would recommend for a cheap lift for a 85 K-5 Blazer. I just wanna be able to run a little bigger tire untill i can afford a proper suspension lift i just wanna be able to run atleast 33x12.5 or even 35's
Thanks

Stu_Dawg
06-09-2004, 02:09 PM
well get some a shackle reversal for the rear and that should give you 4" lift. as for the front get some 4" leafs from a spring shop. hack some fender and you can clear a 38. a minor body lift is always the cheapest couple inches you can get and not all that hard to DIY. i have 12" in the rear and 10.5" in the front and so far i have only spent 500 or so for the springs. i only need brake lines now and when all's said and done i will only have spent 900-1000 for my suspension. look around for used springs and you can spend even less, maybe even find a package deal with shocks, lines and springs.

"If it ain't a chevy, don't raise it up"

posted by beerbaron...
"we don't like tree huggers sticking the nose in our shit, if I want to chop down a fuck tree make a toilet with wipe my ass with a spotted owl then light it on fire thats what I'm going to do"

m j
06-09-2004, 04:52 PM
I will be selling my 10" superlift based springs soon

but the best cheap lift is to use stock rear springs in the front
which gives you 4" and a better ride then 99% of the lift springs
and a shackle flip in the rear perhaps using a ford 57" long spring

boyzen
06-09-2004, 07:52 PM
sawzall will work..

BOGGERS RULE!!!!:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/boyzen/20044611514_IntercoShield.jpg

[/img]http://www.therangerstation.com/files/RevolvingFordLogo.gif

Aaron
06-09-2004, 09:21 PM
hey beans try drinking less booze.haha

Mofo

imported_n/a
06-10-2004, 05:15 PM
I have some shackle reversals in the back for you that will give you 5" of lift for cheap.

dentedup
06-10-2004, 06:10 PM
I second the rear springs in the front, and a shackle flip in the rear, cost you next to nothing and works great

factor
06-19-2004, 05:12 PM
how exactly dose a shackle flip work and why is it better?

crazy j
06-19-2004, 06:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by boyzen
sawzall will work..

i second that. have a few[31] first and it makes it more fun, and you take off more.[}:)]

AA is for quitters

m j
06-19-2004, 07:11 PM
hey factor

there is a thread by Baddog on ColoradoK5.com forum that explains in great detail the way a shackle can influence spring rates
he laid it out far better then I will be able to and he can probably link you to the thread on CK5 if you ask him and tell him I told you to find him

the shackle can either move with the spring or impede the springs motion
if you look at a lifted rear spring on most pickups you can see that as the spring compresses it needs the shackle to move back
if the shackle is in stock location as a 'tension' shackle it will be archin back on the downward part of its arc basically tying the spring back to the hanger
there is a point when the shackle actually gets pretty much in line against the springs motion, spring rate would be 'infinite' or to the yield of the weakest thing holding the force back

putting the shackle in 'compression' and placing it so that the arc has less effect on the spring rate is why the flip works better
basically you can do this modification with very little money and a bit your own labour and get the most from what you have

hope that helps some

the-t-man
06-21-2004, 09:30 AM
email me if your interested in a shackel flip i have a set gives about 4"...